Getting Suppressors Right in Unturned

Please, just stop.

Before i “piss off”, the primary sound of a gunshot is the expanding gas, suppressors relieve the pressure that exits with the bullet by allowing the gasses to expand, leaving less pressure to go with the bullet, muzzle brakes redirect the gasses to the side to stabilize and provide a clearer line of sight from the shooter’s perspective.
I’ll stop now.

1 Like

You came to a forum. Expect your ideas and knowledge to be contested.

Suppressors don’t knock the gas back into your face. Otherwise they wouldn’t see any usage.

Suppressors generally bring several good traits to a weapon; In fact one US general suggested making them standard issue on most rifles. The noise reduction is that valuable. Of course they’re still not silent but it’s a step up.

4 Likes

Both of you are kind of right. At least on a rifle, the expanding gas has to go somewhere, otherwise it will blow a hole in the surpressor. That’s why there are holes on the back, which does actually spew hot air in your face. I know on ak’s and galil’s there is a gas tube, which redirect some of the gas out of the shooters face.(also I’m not sure if I am completely right but I watched a vid 'bout suppressors, I guess it depends on the type).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.