"Ghost" objects

Hey, Loz’s here, the real one. Yes, the one that made “Sydney is a trap” thread.

So, it’s October, Halloween is on it’s way. And I was somewhat look up towards it. Making projects that wouldn’t go anywhere. But this thread isn’t about my affairs on those. No, it was about a “bug” I’ve encountered on the server with my friends.

Basically, whenever we tried to place a barricade or a building. (Campfires, signs, doors). it would placed normally. However, if placed on a certain area. (in this case. A player-made shop with lots of houses around.) it can’t be interacted with. You cannot destroy it. You cannot write on it. You cannot open it. And you cannot salvage it. But it is there and you cannot do anything 'bout it.

So, what’s the diagnosis?

Added #bug-report tag.

Would wiping the server be an option for you?

No. But we did try “rollbacking” the server before this problem occurs. Which works. But rollbacking the server have a lot of problems afterwards (specially with people “getting mad because their day’s worth of work is gone” or so)

I’m not sure if it’s too much objects or something else.

Come to think 'bout it. There are these dudes that acts really odd. Keep asking the server’s IP. And after they “got” it somehow, the problem starts from there. So there’s that.

Sidenote. Whenever we tried to salvage the objects around that area “that have been there before the problem arises” it tends to drop seeds for some reasons.
Not exactly sure if this “bug” can be counted as a “bug” now.

For a second I thought this as a suggestion considering Halloween is coming up.

Also have you tried destroying the object?

1 Like

Yes, it didn’t work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.