Ground Changes! - Idea

Hello there
I was thinking about changes to the ground system
So, the ground would change it’s color, like to burned grass, change it’s shape etc. when some kind of bomb would hit it (Maybe we are going to see bombers in Unturned II?). Later on terrain would regain its color and turn back to its original shape.
Now, sand/dirt, we could have pretty nice digging mechanic in sand/dirt, obviously the terrain would form back to its original shape, but for sand it could be more quicker. We could dig a hole in the ground, hide our stuff in some kind of crate there, then wait for it to turn back/ put the dirt on it. Burrying equipment in the ground sounds cool to me :smiley:

Sorry if somebody posted idea like this before
~Korean

1 Like

Lel, @Yarrrr can hide treasure, make fragments of map (and maybe even add riddles) and organise competition among players as some event for Pirate’s Day :3

Players have some old/primitive weapons.
Hidden treasure is machinegun/minigun.
7605567562_5dd9f1ff0b

1 Like

I’ve discussed digging before, and have ruled that editing ground can be too easily abused; even if the ground were to come back, what’s the balancing factor?

By that I mean that if a player can hide all of their loot in completely random spots, wouldn’t that make raiding pointless and encourage people to randomly dig in spots for a chance at great loot?

1 Like

Maybe the balancing factor could be how deep you can dig. At some point you woulnd’t be able to dig anymore.

And for the loot thing could be that the items break if they’re underground for too long. You could also add stashes cough cough but they would have very limited space.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.