Gun Balancing

Some good suggestions for slugs - maybe time to create a separate post

But I dont see why people dont see how OP the maplestrike is compared to other guns? Someone suggested that all the other rifles play the exact same as the maplestrike. True and not true - fusilaut has fastest TTK but noone uses it for a reason, 3 headshots is very hard to get in that front burst. Maplestrike has a very low risk, high reward playstyle. Other guns have either low firerate - increasing TTK or high firerate with increased recoil. These make you choose a gun that has a specific playstyle attached to it. and its up to you to reduce the risk of the gun, not the gun itself.

And tbh most reasonable gun changes would make ppl happier. As long as it isnt too cancer :3

Are you insisting, that on average, in my scenario, each bullet will not have a half and half chance? Are you insisting the ballistic mechanics are jank? If theres 6 pellets, than atleast half will hit and 40dmg per pellet means 120dmg. If theres one slug, than atleast half the time it will land and deal 240dmg.

You are making zero sense by saying under the same exact conditions a slug is “easier to control”. Under any condition they are equally accurate and will have equal chances (on average) to land the shot.

I don’t think you understand how infuriating it would be, for almost every player to point blank someone with a shotgun (regardless of ammo type) and they’re still alive.

base damage? As in trade off the 6x40dmg pellets for a 1x80dmg slug? Regardless all the other upsides, I’d rather just find a rifle to do the same thing. Why do you think people IRL use slug shotguns vs rifles? Maybe if we’re speaking of an automatic or semi-automatic shotgun, or a fast-firing pump shotgun like the KSG, then it’d be sorta cool? idk.

You do not have a 50/50 chance to hit/miss, not on average. It’s not like flipping a coin.

There’s other factors, such as the part where you aim at the target. While a coin may average out to 50/50, you should be hitting a majority of your shots if you aim them. That won’t average out to 50/50, because it’s dependent on far more things than what you’re thinking of. Real statistics is far more than just the expected chance based on ratios.

You most likely don’t personally have a 50% firing accuracy.

If you want to kill someone point blank, use the ammo meant for it. Adding slugs just so the ammo type exists, rather than to fill any sort of role, seems silly.

If you want buckshot and slugs to be the same then what’s the point? And if they did both have a 50% chance to hit, what makes them unique? It’d just be risk/reward of hitting some shots or no shots.

Is that cooler than any other thing that could be done with slugs, such as changing the gun’s ballistics/range?

6 Likes

You didn’t get my point of my suggestion.

By giving it a better long range option, it means you’re converting it into a high-powered rifle. Making it instantly kill regardless of the hit region is very unbalanced. I don’t think you understand how infuriating it would be, for almost every player to get killed because some guy got lucky with a super inaccurate weapon. And poor accuracy isn’t a way to balance extreme damage.

You would wonder why snipers are only capped at 99 player damage.

Even 2.0 has done it right as I imaged it to be. It has slugs, and while it isn’t as powerful as buckshot per shot, you would be able to hit targets at longer range.

Why people use slugs IRL? They make shotguns a precision weapon and they are an alternative to hunting rifles.

7 Likes

I think slugs should be a cheap early game option for longer range engagements.
Say, if you just had shotguns but needed to hit someone far away.
Maybe they could do more vehicle damage too.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.