Gun diversity

In 3.x there’s a lot of different guns, but what if there were fewer guns, but ones which are a lot more diverse?

Here’s a pole cuz i like poles.

• Fewer guns, more diversity
  • More guns, less diversity

0 voters

1 Like

taken from this thread:

1 Like

More guns automatically means more diversity.
Therefore more guns.

1 Like

As long as one isn’t an exact statistical copy of another, diversity is always appreciated.

1 Like

I’d argue it’s the other way around. You could have, say, an AK-47, AK-74, AKM, and a Chinese Type 56, which would be considered “more guns”, but they’d all function and look almost nearly the same. If you put diversity first, then things like that don’t become an issue, as the focus is on making guns different enough from each other that there are reasons to use one gun over another. Besides, it’s not like more diversity = less guns, and the poll really doesn’t reflect that. Diversity is dependent on quantity, but quantity is not dependent on diversity.

1 Like

comepletely didn’t notice that sorry

i know that more diversity doesn’t have to = fewer guns, but it was just an easier way to put it. btw how can i not use emojis?

Alright, excuse the fuck, lemme educate this ignoramus.
This is an original model AK-47 produced roughly around that year.
And that is an AKM.
Calling these two the same thing would be like calling a butternut and a walnut the same thing, as they’re TWO ENTIRELY FUCKING DIFFERENT SPECIES.
You see, the original AK-47 was made of forged metal, wheras the AKM (whose ‘M’ stands for ‘Modernized’, by the way) was made of stamped metal parts that the Soviets captured from the Germans shortly after the Second World War. This resulted in both a much lower weight and better reliability, as the original was actually a fairly dangerous tool due to out-of-breech shell detonations that were not resolved until a modified firing mechanism present on the AKM was introduced. The AKM also has a characteristic slanted muzzlebrake that is absent on the AK-47.
The AK-74, on the other hand, uses the 5.45x39mm cartridge, as opposed to the 7.62x39mm cartridge that was used by earlier Kalashnikovs. It also has a chrome-lined bore, a rubber-padded shoulder stock absent on the two previous rifles, and the magazines are made from plastic instead of steel.

2 Likes

to confirm, Muzzle brake is burst correct?

In my opinion , many guns will obviously lead to more diversity , I wouldn’t be annoyed to see some weapons almost identical , each one will have its advantages and it would be nice for diversity .

2 Likes

wiga0fsqors11

What? Why would the Germans have AK parts?

Preproduction AK-47s and Type 1 AKs (which were actually adopted, produced, and issued from 1948-1949) were made from stamped metal (Yes, the Soviets were already stamping sheet metal. Troops trials of the stamped PPS submachine gun began 8 months before Soviets ever reached German soil.) but Type 2 and 3 AKs were milled out if forged steel, because the early sheet metal wasn’t durable enough, and the assembly line wasn’t set up to stamp the heavier gauge steel that they wanted to use.

The м stands for модернизи́рованный, you capitalist pig.

So you’re saying they should be different guns in-game, because you want one to have a feature so you can accidentally blast fire out the ejection port, damage the receiver, and possibly obstruct the bore?

Differences between muzzlebreaks, barrels, sights, handguards, and stocks, if relevant at all would be handled through the attachment system, not be inherently different weapons.

That’s a difference I can get behind.

IRL steel, aluminum, “bakelite”, and modern polymer magazines are available for both 5.45 and 7.62 AKs, but I agree that color coding them based on caliber is better than having different versions with slightly different durability, reliability, and weights and with appearances that are more similar to completely different items than to other versions of that same item.

6 Likes

The AK design was adapted from the StG-44. At the time the Soviets only managed to get some parts, and were unable to produce stamped metal parts until they brought some German equipment back.

Which means ‘modernized,’ you nitpicking fuck.

The muzzlebrake is integral.

Not to the receiver.

Sources please?

God, I hope you’re joking and you’re doing this as a meme in some sort of twisted way, because otherwise I’ve lost any respect I had for you.

I’m sorry, but really? You’re gonna flip out because two extremely similar AK models were compared as such? Are you some kind of Russian god? There’s really no reason to go all crazy on @n3rfcr4zy5 and even @anon24515308 like that.

End of the line, II doesn’t need extremely similar guns that fill the same role and do the exact same thing. Those are called reskins, and those aren’t content we need.

that fucking uno image hit me

4 Likes

And you say I flipped out and overreacted…

1 Like

Can you plank walkers settle down now

1 Like

Of course Yarrie-chan.