Gun individuality

This is the assumption I made.

Did I mention any weapons being at maximum potential? My main argument is that a cheap weapon should never fully surpass a much rarer, harder to acquire firearm. God, imagine if something like that was in 3.0, where you could upgrade the damage of something like the Scholfield/Hawkhound. Already they come close to being better than the Timberwolf, factoring in the fact that they both take civilian ammo, are incredibly common, and do very similar damage to the Timberwolf, one of the rarest guns in the game with some of the rarest ammo crates used to refill it.
It’s clearly designed to be an end-game sniper rifle. If the Scholfield/Hawkhound were able to be upgraded to have higher damage, or even increased range, then the Timberwolf would become obsolete. Even assuming the Timberwolf would have an upgrade or two that pushes it past 300m range, considering the effort behind getting the weapon, finding the high caliber crates to refill it, and the likely difficult nature of upgrading literally one of the end-game weapons makes simply upgrading a cheap civilian weapon more effective. Not only that, but just how far do you want people to be able to upgrade their guns before it utterly ruins the balance?
Either way, there’s a certain threshold for a gun before it simply becomes more effective to upgrade a weaker gun to be comparable (or even stronger). It’s also the reason I am heavily against caliber changing, as it removes any balance regarding the rarity of calibers. If you have a strong gun, being able to remove one of its downsides - a hard to get round - effectively ruins balance.

Since you seem to want to use the argument that we shouldn’t assume things that are currently in 3.0 are going to be like that in II, I might as well mention how you assumed you can simply sneak past zombies, nevermind the fact that you completely disregarded the potential difference in difficulty between an area with a higher tier firearm and a lower tier firearm. Knowing that Nelson wants to make the Turned an interesting, almost “mutant” threat we can infer we’re getting more than just the basic zombies in 3.0.

Regardless, if the harder to get gun is weaker than an easier to get gun in which you’ve upgraded, then the harder to get weapon becomes pointless to loot for.

Because the desert falcon could have better parts that are non stock, by the time it takes to get a kitted out ace, you could have found a falcon and upgraded that, some factors may never change though, the stock falcon could do more damage than the kitted out ace, but the ace would have good other stats that make it the “better” gun. In my opinion gun damage should depend mainly on the round, a upgraded ace would have to take higher cal rounds if it is going to do more damage, so it wont be easy to refill. Some guns wont be able to change cal. But things like revolvers could.

Again if you can just change the round then it makes other guns redundant, even if its say just revolvers.

Not necessarily, it would take a long time to increase a guns cal, and a lot of crafting skill, it would be easier for players to look for better guns, but keep the old ones if they find something for it. Some guns will never be as good as others. If a max revolver is only a little better than a falcon, a little bit of falcon upgrades would have it surpass the revolver. People wouldn’t upgrade there crapy guns much anyway as the parts would be rare, but it should allways be an option.

I see many problems with this argument.

And how exactly do you intend on doing that?

You just contradicted yourself, but even if we ignore that, two guns should always have upsides and downsides to each other in any given configuration. Having one just be straight-up better makes for very bland balance.

“It’s balanced because it’s rare” This is literally a meme because of how untrue it is. See also: the entire PvP meta of 3.0.

annoyance

tl;dr I stand firm on my stance that this is simply not a good idea in general, especially when the existing UII gun component system does the same job of balance but better.

i just wanted to post this

Protocol%20Violated

1 Like

damn it my first citation

I would rather just have guns spawn with random ATTACHMENTS. Some with maybe different stock, reciever, barrel. Etc

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.