Having the ability to hide your name when hovered over would be a great feature

If you have a binoculars and they arent wearing masks you can look yourself and judging from their appearance, realise if you have seen them before. I dont know how a name could help you

This is extremely absurd, you want players to hide or reveal their identity but praise “who killed you” feature which we should never really know, unless your killer came face to face.

I don’t know how food is supposed to hide your identity… is this an idea taken from the TSA? I bet all visitors to the USA or Japan’s recent G20 would be very interested to know how but I don’t see any similarities to real life… what are you smoking? I want some too.

2 Likes

This would make it considerably harder to figure out the names of toxic people and even more importantly, hackers. Don’t know about that one. :battleye:

2 Likes

When you’re dead, there name pops up, would a hacker really let you get so close to them?

Killing someone would show you “oh yeah ____ has killed you”
So if some intent is to hide ones name, they might not kill.

Even if being killed doesn’t tell the player who killed them, there’s no reason it shouldn’t be appearing in the server logs, which is going to be more useful for letting servers deal with hackers than going off what a player says (unless you’re being shown footage).

1 Like

The whole point of the feature is that it does show who the player killed, and yeah most actions like that should appear in server logs/console.

So regading this thread, it seems that people don’t want this feature added, and some of them provide pretty good reasons, that i can barely argue against
This could probably work in very specific scenarios where it’s automatically disabled by itself but could be enabled (like config-ing a server or singleplayer world)

I don’t hate this feature or anything of that, I just think a better solution was found by the end of this recent thread.

1 Like

TL;DR if I can no see name at a gimplse and judge you based of that rather than behaviour/gear is bad
No, just no.

I hate that system, it removes all stealth, it shouldn’t say who killed you.

2 Likes

The only way to report hackers and trolls is by knowing there name, that’s the first step into getting them punished by admins.
We can’t rely on admins constantly, they can’t do the work for us by finding who’s being toxic without knowing a name, we should help them to maintain whatever server we’re playing on.

There will most likely be a report feature when you get killed. Anticheat will do the work and admins will also probably have a log tool that will show who killed who in case of suspicion

1 Like

That’s a pretty good idea, but what if you needed the person’s steam for when you get killed?
Theres quite a lot of reasons one of them being that you just want to talk to him or invite him to the group. Then again not a lot of people would do that.

Sounds good, does not work

1 Like

anti cheat machine broke

Anticheat is just like anti virus, it constantly needs updating to catch up with the latest technology
So no virus’s (or in this case, hacks) catch up and bypass them.

Yeah anticheat doesnt work, thats why we see all of the banned people and everyone in the game being a hacker right?

1 Like

It is the cheery on top, but in its current form it is a joke. Even when properly implented BE is “meh” at best.
For every banned account I see around 3 cheaters, and thats is only on the 6 or so servers I actively monitor. Not to mention absn doing fuck all since you can just spoof your ID and use a VPN and et voila, ban evaded,.

I’d rather have BE than nothing, but saying it is the be all end all is just delusional.

Of course not, we need to strive for a better solution.

Its one of the best if not the best anticheat there is. I dont want to comment on the statistics because they are extremely subjective and there is nothing but word about it.

I dont understand how the ban evasion arguement applies here. How is ban evasion in any way connected to an anticheat, when ban evasion can be done in tons of other methods of punishement, not to mention it is easier to avoid bans from a single server than a game ban. And to avoid bans work has to be done, it is almost impossible to stop.