Having the ability to hide your name when hovered over would be a great feature

It is the cheery on top, but in its current form it is a joke. Even when properly implented BE is “meh” at best.
For every banned account I see around 3 cheaters, and thats is only on the 6 or so servers I actively monitor. Not to mention absn doing fuck all since you can just spoof your ID and use a VPN and et voila, ban evaded,.

I’d rather have BE than nothing, but saying it is the be all end all is just delusional.

Of course not, we need to strive for a better solution.

Its one of the best if not the best anticheat there is. I dont want to comment on the statistics because they are extremely subjective and there is nothing but word about it.

I dont understand how the ban evasion arguement applies here. How is ban evasion in any way connected to an anticheat, when ban evasion can be done in tons of other methods of punishement, not to mention it is easier to avoid bans from a single server than a game ban. And to avoid bans work has to be done, it is almost impossible to stop.

Staff do not need to cross-check a name. It makes it easier for the staff, assuming the player isn’t lying or mistaken, but staff does not need a name.

If you’re saying the report feature would help the anti-cheat, that’s not how it works. The report tool is often independent of a game’s anti-cheat. The reason players wouldn’t need to see someone’s name when they die is because:

1. If there’s a report tool on the death screen, then there isn’t a reason for the player to need that person’s username.

2. Server logging includes usernames. If you know when or how you died, then the player victim does not need that person’s username.

To clarify – to invite the player who killed you to your group?

The player who died isn’t the person who should be deciding if the person who killed them should be in there group. That decision is something the killer can decide, and if so they can provide the appropriate information (rather than bask in their anonymity) so that they can then be invited.

If there’s a global chat, then ask in global chat. If you don’t get a response, then they most likely don’t intend on cooperating to that level.

I am against seeing the killers name on death, maybe you have misunderstood me, but if they are really concerned about the hackers, there would simply be a report button that sends a message in the log that a certain user was reported.

I didn’t say you were for it. I was saying that if you were trying to tie the anti-cheat to the report system then that isn’t how anti-cheats work, but evidently you weren’t saying that (based on your above reply) so everything is good :+1: .

1 Like

Alright im glad we cleared it all up

if implemented correctly, yes

That would be Easy Anicheat

If implemneted proplery BE does HWID bans. Yes, those can also be evaded, literally aynthing can be, but it is just an additional hurdle.

At the end of the day th best you can do is avoid common pitfals, use best practices amd propelry implement AC. Basically make it as hard as you can to cheat in the first place.

But you didnt answer my question. How is ban evading exclusively connected to anti cheat? If you get banned by anti cheat you have to do a lot more work than say if you get banned from a server by an administrator. How exactly do you expect to prevent people from hacking without anti cheat?

Nobody ever claimed it was. Bans can always be evaded, all you can do is make it harder.

What are you trying get across here? Why do you seem to be under the impression that I think anti cheat is pointless? I think anti cheat is a neccessary evil.

Because that was your arguement against it…

My point is that anti cheat isnt bad at all and that its simply impossible to have a game such as unturned without it. And how is anti cheat evil?

1 Like

No, it was not.

IWe can agree on that

[quote=“LeMaKoTi, post:37, topic:11014”]
And how is anti cheat evil?
[/quote] Not inherently, but it is a tool that could potentuially be abusedor just straight up ban innocents.

Anti cheat cannot ban innocent people

1 Like

I like this idea and disagree with alternatives. I feel with style that II is going for doesn’t encourage names popping up on your screen and wouldn’t to maintain the survivaly feel it’s going for.

A good way to kind of balance this would be to have a lot of character customization and therefore people would say something like hey that tall , fat , bearded guy with a scar on his face did that not me , i mean if you dont see them then you cant quite do this but it is something

This is wrong on so many levels. It should not, but it can.
I just relaized we were derialing quite hard. Imma end this here.

1 Like

yeah i’m like looking at this and just sitting here with a blank face unsure of what to respond with

Back on topic,

I feel like this idea fits within unturned however, there definitely should be a way to see someones name, there shouldn’t be 100% anonymous-ness.

Edit: is this how you quote?

Agree with his statement.
Also to quote you just highlight the passage you want to quote and click on “quote”.
Like this.

1 Like

It cannot. People who say that they are “innocent” are lying.

Oh my sweet summer child…
Also, stop derailing.

3 Likes