Hawaii Achievement still in the game

“Extinguished” is given when you kill the magma zombie. You can only find this on Hawaii by doing its easter egg. I dont think its intentional to still be in the game.

Credit to @Fierybattlehawk

EDIT: This is also a thing

Must be a dev oversight

Hm…

What if I use

@SDGNelson

You must download Hawaii from the workshop. It is no longer officially apart of the game, so it should be treated that way. If someone came to this game and had to download addon content just to get all the achievements they would call out BS.

Wasn’t there a ‘Welcome to Hawaii’ achievement too?

Since Hawaii will still be permanently maintained by me, I think it is safe to keep those achievements in-game - collectors can easily opt-in to the map from the menu. In the future I intend to make the opt-in/out process smoother as well. Germany will be the next map to retire.

Edit: To clarify, Germany’s map files will be retired to the workshop, but the assets will remain in the vanilla game files permanently. A new system for workshop asset dependencies will also be introduced in the future. (Wanted to avoid Germany asset panic!)

17 Likes

Tons of games have such things, GMOD being one of the most known.

When Payday 2 added the new safehouse you could no longer get the achievement from adding money to the scales in the old safehouse. Loads of games have achievements you can’t get anymore.

Yeah. Games that are dead or not actively cared for. Deleting an achievement is easy.

But I guess he has other reasons to keep it.

Edit: To clarify, Germany’s map files will be retired to the workshop, but the assets will remain in the vanilla game files permanently. A new system for workshop asset dependencies will also be introduced in the future. (Wanted to avoid Germany asset panic!)

10 Likes