ahh here it is…
to fix 3rd person you must…
put the camera in the middle of the screen
and doesn’t get affected by peaking
EverlastingEarlyCowbird-max-1mb
There we go
now everybody shut up about 3rd person

5 Likes

wow you’re so smart! I couldn’t even think about that!
lol

but if we shut up, the magnitude of the message will be lessened

1 Like

that dont work just think a litle, is like the camera on Nier Automata continue in 3rd person and its a advantage!

And the thing than you suggest its equal 1° person

Oh boy oh boy that way you see over cover, still giving you campers advantage AND letting you peek corners by finagling your head around. And if you make the FOV small enough to prevent both of these third person is useless because you wouldn’t even be able to see your character. The only worthwhile fix is removal.

3 Likes

well…
ehhhh

shit i didn’t think that far ahead

Actually, middle third person camera is already in 3.0,can be enabled in server settings

The centered one in 3 is very annoying, its position would need to be adjusted slightly.

2 Likes
Pesky go home

#memes

I’m being serious

i am home
i got home 52 minutes ago

Or maybe like PUBG force you into ADS if you…ADS

How about this
Step 1. Take the 3rd pearson folder
Step 2. Put it into the recycling bin
Step 3. Left klick on it and press “Delete”
Problem solved :ok_hand:

Ok but seriously I really dont think 3rd person should be a thing in 4.0, it just takes so much skill out of the game, rewards camping, lets you have cover and vision at the same time and it lets you play like a D**K
So NO, for balance and the feeling of the game and gameplay 3rd person should not be a thing

2 Likes

i have like a good question here:

How does minecraft do it better than unturned

The camera is literally in the same position as in unturned in were still on the topic of the camera in the middle

1 Like

U could still camp behind walls because you can look over them. Just don’t play 3rd person

Minecraft doesnt really have much informational advantage when you fight people because you see their name through things if they arent sneaking and it takes a while to kill someone with a bow, and in sword fighting you have to get close. In unturned its almost all ranged combat.

No, having view models like this halves the playerbase for starters, but over time everyone will play 3rd person.

For example, you a first person fan tries to only play on first person servers, one day you join some other server that happens to have 3rd person on, you play with 3rd person to even get anywhere close to a fair fight against 3rd person players, you now have a slight ¨crutch¨ Maybe you spend a few hours on the server, maybe you go right back to the server, but the more third person you play the more used to third person you are and the more likely you are to only play on third person, because you eventually get bad at playing first person aim wise. Basically overtime the playerbase shifts to majority third person (like in 3.0) and it will be a faster transition than in 3.0 because returning players will play on third person servers.

If nelson has third person in the main survival game mode, he will be throwing survival, fair gunfights, and skill in terms of informational awareness and aim out of the window. Obviously different view models are cool for custom games like the bomberman birds eye view we saw, but they have no place in anything trying to add a skill curve.

1 Like

I know, that’s why I said don’t play it, not don’t add it.

I like that you are trying to balance it a bit more!

…which I clarified on why it shouldn’t be opt-in in the rest of the post. There is no way to balance third person, it is broken at it’s core and would take a ton of time and effort to fix, and the only thing it gives back is being able to see your character.

Risk: Removing any semblance of skill) > Reward: wowee my guy sure looks cool :slight_smile:

make it real close to the character though

How bout sealing scums very advanced vanishing system.

I would be 100% fine with this, as long as it also works on zombies too. You can argue that because they know the objects in front of them, they have an advantage, but the confusion of someone appearing out of thin air to them would probably outweigh that.

1 Like