Hordes and horde types

So, hordes are an interesting thing, correct?

There’s are hordes like 7 Days to die, which come every week, or there are hordes that come at night, or hordes that come during the day.

Let’s talk about how to implement these and make them dangerous.

Weekly hordes (either we can make them come every 5 days, or every 10 days)

• as said before they come every week, and progressively get more dangerous as time goes on. (ex. You survive the first one, and the next one has even more zombies, and the next even more, and it goes on. ) they would probably be a main goal to survive these.

Night hordes

*These would be smaller hordes than the weekly ones, but be enough to discourage you from going out during the night, as well as make sure you build up defenses.

Day Hordes.

• These hordes would be random hordes you encounter during the day.

• note: weekly hordes occur at night, as well as nightly hordes. Both of these hordes will actively hunt you down.

How to survive these.

• for weekly hordes you would have to spend the week building up defenses. You can build a base to survive in or use an existing house.

• nightly hordes you could probably survive if you hid in a corner of a house. Though it’s unlikely.

• day hordes you just stay out of sight of them, and they won’t bother you.

horde details.

• weekly hordes would have special types of zombies, (ex. The special bosses in 3.0) and the amount of zombies would greatly increase each horde.

• night would just be a large amount of zombies that will come after you, basically a mini weekly horde.

• day hordes would just be a large group of wandering zombies.

how these could help the base game.

• on servers if someone hasn’t logged in for a while, these hordes will attack and destroy a base (or even set up a “hive” of sorts) (that’s someone else’s idea.)

• would reduce people getting bored and kosing

• makes something you need to prepare for, so there isn’t a definite endgame goal.

If you enjoyed this crappy post, please say so.

• It was fine
  • It was alright.
  • Meh
  • I HATE THESE CATSHSVJSGS

0 voters

Notes

• hordes spawn based on how long a player has been in-game on a server, so technically, you could get a first week horde a short distance away from say a 50th week horde.

• certain walls in existing buildings can be broken down by zombies, if the main pathways are too blocked off.

• increased zombie speeds when someone is trying to use a vehicle for the horde?

That’s all.

If there was a dislike button for my own post, I would press it.

1 Like

I forgot to add a it’s bad option to the poll

I really like the idea of hives.

if you weren’t such a blatant edgy and “quirky” 13 year old this post would be a lot more enjoyable to read

Different horde types wouldn’t be such a terrible idea, but I really don’t like the idea of a mega death horde coming in every ingame week. New players without a base would just get obliterated without rime or reason.

Horde exclusive turned… why? Why can’t these turned show up in high level locations and those excursions?

Night hordes that just spawn in and come after you no matter where you’re at don’t really sound like something your average freshspawn wants to deal with.

Obviously I’m not against hordes that attack player bases, nor roaming, dynamic hordes, but as is your ideas are fairly weak and not very detailed nor thought out. They’d make the game a lot more unfun for the general player population. Hardcore shit for the sake of it doesn’t make your game good, well thought out and balanced mechanics do.

Now that’s just crossing the line.

It’s not a “mega death horde” I just said those special zombies would be common through it. The point of the post is to give some incentive to actually making a base for surviving zombies, and not players.

Never said they would only be in the horde.

More of meant as a small horde that knows your general location?

More of meant to get people to stay indoors at nighttime. Maybe an alternative to this is zombies get faster and more dangerous.

Well excuse me, you try writing a long and detailed post on your phone while you have next to no time.

If you think you can make a better topic on hordes, be my guest.

I think that the number of zombies in a horde should depend on where you are like in a big city hoards would be massive and have more zombie variants. But in a small town there would still be a lot of zombies but not as many. And somewhere like a clearing in a forest there would be like 25 zombies max.

1 Like

Also, first people think I’m 14, now you think I’m 13? Can you guys just stop? Its getting rather annoying where people try to act like I’m lying about something as stupid as age. Like really, who on thia forum actually lies about their age.

If I actually wanted to lie about my damn age, I would say I’m 20 or something.

Like really, is the best insult you can think of is calling me 13?

It suggest it could be because you behave like a 13 year old sometimes.

1 Like

And what do you mean by that.

Also, do you guys really think it’s fair to judge everything a person does just because they had a few bad days in the past?

You.

Why?

Firstly, you behave far younger than what you tell people your age is. Your behavior, sentence structure, and general grammar and sentence structure are indicative of a person at least one or two years younger then what your profile claims you are. I do not need to solely rely on syntax to judge this; however, I feel that if I attempted anything more I would be crossing a line.

Secondly, saying that “if i was lying about my age why would i say i’m 15” makes no sense. Why would the age you are lying about make the lie any more or less valid? If I fill out my tax form wrong with a difference of 100 dollars or 10,000 dollars, do you think the amount I lied about would make my tax returns any more or less convincing?

Thirdly, there is more or less near-concrete evidence that you are lying about your age. I am sure that you have seen my post on the subject. For those watching at home, read the post if you haven’t already, and then continue reading. I’m not going to get into details on the specifics; however, when your only defense against an accusation that you are lying about your age with more or less solid evidence to boot is a rather paltry statement about the fact that your memory might be failing you; which, in itself, calls into doubt your reliability as a credible source; it begins to seem rather clear that there is something quite wrong with your story.

Lying about your age is never a good idea. All that you could possibly hope to gain is respect; however, although it may never be concretely proven that you are lying about your age, you have, quite certainly, squandered away any respect you could have ever gained; and it is rather likely that you have lost any that you had in the first place in the process of attempting to defend yourself.

So in short, AJ, it’s stupid to lie about your age;

but it’s stupider to dig yourself deeper.

3 Likes

Just a reminder that this post is titled “Hordes and horde types,” not “How old is AJ?” Please stay on topic.

4 Likes

okay but one of these topics is infinitely more interesting than the other

C’mon guys listen to Molton

I do think hordes are a very good idea since it makes the turned more dangerous, thou i dont think having a set time when one comes like “there will be a big horde every week” is a good idea since that might be to much, i think it should be more rare to have a big horde come and attack your base and not have it come at a set time, but then it should be a challenge when it comes, so that way you dont have to prepare every week for a horde but still have the thought of it in the back of your head and have to defend your base when it comes

I like the idea, but I think the hordes should attack at random, with semi random sizes and in random areas, they wouldn’t attack islands or hard to reach areas. So they would be the most desirable. The hordes would just march through an area and damage bases, but if the people keep quiet in the base or hide then the horde would go past.

Ill steal someone else’s suggestion and say that these hordes should attack specific places on a map like a water purifier. The machinery by default will be covered in zombies and in a state of disrepair. After killing the zombies and repairing the equipment with specific materials and skills the player(or faction) will get water off it. The tricky part is keeping the plant defended because zombies will attack every full moon and destroy machinery.
There are plenty of buildings for this, power stations, radio tower(for air drops or a map completion objective(I’ll talk about that later) advance science labs(for advanced crafting like power armour and guns), moonshine brewery(its just fun). some’ll only be possible for a faction or others for a single player.

This makes it something that will only affect player who can(or at least think they can) defend the plant. Though they are motivated to do with enough water to drink and trade with the rest of their server so they wont ignore it.

You could take this a step further and have an option to complete the map by completing objectives like this-take control-gather resources to repair-repair-defend-move to next objective, with the occasional variant thrown in like collect tissue samples or defeat the boss thrown in. This could be develop a vaccine, discover how the disease spread, gather secret technology for an intact government, or just contact the air force and escape. This only really suits single player and friend group servers because it’ll have to reset or terminate after that, so its really important to have an unending classic mode with no objectives.

The main issue is working out why zombies are so obsessed with water purification plants. You know what we’ll just make a meme of it.

If we’ll use you idea though I think it should only attack bases, only on full moon, and only when the player is online. It has some really cool possibilities though, like Save The World Fortnite tower defence, using Gatling guns, barricades and traps.

Damn this post got way longer than intended, I’ll probably make an entire post out of this.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.