How about a paid 4.0?

That’s not my point with all of this, though.

The playerbase would drop a lot, I guess.

On quantity, but for sure not on quality.

1 Like

I would actually like to see Unturned go for $1.99.
Not for the community matters or anything like that, but just because it deserves it in all honesty.

2 Likes

Another great feature that comes with paid games is if it has a (relatively low, but not too low) price ($10 or $5 as opposed to free), the fewer hackers you’ll see.

Going from free to paid usually kills smaller titles. A good example is quake live, originally a free browser game that went on steam and then the parent company of id software, ZeniMax Media, decided it was a good idea to switch the game over to a $10 USD price point, which was the price of the premium subscription. It already had a small player-base due to it not being heavily advertised and the popularity of Quake in recent years didn’t help either. While it maintains a sort of cult-popularity status with it’s fans, the once f2p game going p2p kinda killed it. As of recently, it doesn’t even rack in over 1,000 players.

TL;DR usually switching from free to paid kills a good portion of a community and leaves the game to rot.

1 Like

For starters, subcriptions are a TERRIBLE idea
I wouldn’t give a fuck if it was 1 cent a year, I would never pay for a subscription. Especially from free to $10
however, on a completely calm note, i believe since it is considered a new game, and it is a one-time payment. I believe $5 is more than enough for what Unturned deserves

4 Likes

if by “good portion” you mean on quantity then sure. but i believe the people who truly like the game would stay.

1 Like

I think a one time purchase of about $4.99 would be the best choice here, affordable for most and no subscription required. To minimize the loss of veteran community members, Nelson could give those who own the open beta DLC (given for free some time ago) a 50% discount and, maybe, make it outright free for owners of the Premium DLC.

He could also make a demo version of the game for people try out, communities of certain paid games tend to be small because people never get that first taste of the game (and no, youtube gameplay videos cannot compare to actually playing the game).

3 Likes

Subscription service for $100 a day

I would pay.

1 Like

Ok to far too far half of us could be kids some of us could be minoir like 13 and 14 and 15 and etc with the amount power your suggestion is worst like have it for at least two or $1 because as me my self I started playing this at 8 or 9 and I was able to learn how it works yhr game out I play 2.0 for a long time and it was fun am 13 but $1 dollor should be good at least cause $1 is not easy to get cause you need $5 young kids by 12 or 11 might think i buy it thus leading to there parent being like it one dollar why do you need $5 that could work see instead of statmenting(i made this word up) stuff think maybe there will be spoil maybe not tbh am a spoiled child but I least I don’t be like hey mom buy me this or that am not like so at least think could us 13 to 14 year old are hella nice but the moral of this reply is don’t juage a book by it cover.

I think that this is crazy, it would drastically decrease the popularity of the game and people like me who don’t even have a credit card won’t get a chance to play this amazing game, this would end probably a 95-99 percent of the non gold players.

No need for a credit card. Just go to any local store and pay them for a Steam wallet code and you’ll get the cash

You’ll only pay 10% extra. So it’ll be $5.49 to get Unturned which is a good bonus for Nelson

$1 is too little. And getting money as a kid is as easy and using their parents’ credit card. $4.99 would be a fair and reasonable price for this game

How is Nelson supposed to know that you’re an gold member? everyone could just troll him.

To be a gold member you have to have a DLC…

4 Likes

Nelson can also use a weird thingamajig that gives people owning the DLC a special offer like 50% off.
Kinda like what Payday 2 and RAID WW2 did.

2 Likes

i dont think that making it paid would fix anyting beacuse 6 year olds would go to their mommy and be like
MOM I NEED THE GAME OR I WONT EAT ANY FOOD (idk what was that dont judge me)
or make something up and still get paid

To quote my own post:

“I do agree for a paid Unturned 4.0, it might purify the community of, as Yarrrr said, confused freeloaders, but don’t think it will affect the younger playerbase in any significant way. I’ve had kids as young as 11 donate more than 50$ on a server i used to moderate, money is in no way an issue for most.”

A paid 4.0 might not effect any of the worst part of our community. Have you ever played CS:GO?

1 Like