How about a paid 4.0?

I think unturned should still be F2P but there could be a gold++++++ upgrade for like 5$ to 10$ that gives you access for more maps, one free crate every week, and official servers so no more kids on those servers :confused: idk

I shall now break down this uninformed artical. My text is in Bold and Italicized

Before starting hammering down on your keyboard about how bad of an idea it is, Stop, this is an annoying way to prevent replies opposing you sit back and think for a second. I have Nelson says it had never occured him to make unturned a paid game, but making it just COST something might actually benefit everyone in general - well, maybe not everyone, How to lose 90% of your community but the people who really are into Unturned 573 hours, 50 in the past two weeks, I own the gold upgrade, still think this games charm is that it is F2P and optional to benefit Nelson shows how nice this guy is, name one F2P game that went to paid and succeeded, none, lets continue. and, more importantly, its development. Development, like, money for making the game, you don’t know how much Nelson makes off the gold upgrade alone, not to forget, Mystery box keys and sales on the community market, yea, you know when you sell a skin and get taxed for it, like, 6.94 USD and you get 6.02 USD? Ever think where that other 0.92 cents go? 0.46 cents to steam, 0.46 cents to Nelson, about 1000 cosmetics are sold every day. Do your research before talking about Nelsons Finances, he is getting his VERY well deserved cash already, no need to make more, its why he as not done it already. Even if it’s just a matter of 1 to 5 bucks. Yea the gold upgrade.

The advantages I see with this is a MUCH and really MUCH healthier community, Gold servers. as it stops attracting the attention of most kids who don’t even know how the game is supposed to be played and treat Unturned like a low-poly Grand Theft Auto with a +6 rating. Gold servers

If you’re not convinced, No one should be. a good example is Insurgency, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. How does that relate to Unturned!?!?!? “if it be the 10 usd currency dollars it be is are a good” No, that game was never free! It was a MOD before, the game is completely a new thing now, when the stand alone released, it started as money! that despite costing $10 goes on sale for around 2 to 5 frequently and has a community hub of envy. Why does being on sale matter? Yea, it does not, every steam game goes on sale.

_ Do your research before you make a claim like this._

did a bit more fixing for the edits

1 Like

Unturned is not going from F2P to P2P. Unturned 3.0 will stay for good and a paid 4.0 would be released. Any players who couldn’t pay for 4.0 would simply stay on 3.0. They will be separate games. There, community saved.

This is him asking for you to actually think. He wanted you to read before you mindlessly hated on the idea. Kudos, you followed that part.

This is your opinion. He is entitled to his.

This is assumption. No need to hate on a simple suggestion with something like this. Nelson may need to bring in more cash (since he just recently moved). Times (and people) can change.

Most of those Unturneds skins cost a 3 cents. Show me the legitimate sales numbers and then we’ll talk.

Nobody uses these and you know it.

This game is on the same market as Unturned, low priced like this is suggesting, and has a great community. It relates completely.

People take advantage of sales to get the game for cheaper. Game revenues show increases during large sales. Thats the point of it. If people can’t afford the wholesale price of $10, there is a chance for them to get it at a price that’s more affordable to them.

Would’ve quoted text to make a reply to you, but quotes remove formatting and your post is only using formatting to differentiate itself from OP.

1. There is no active community for gold servers.

2. The intro was because it’s an “unpopular opinion” type of thing. People should always read the full post before commenting. There is nothing wrong with the fact people should actually consider everything before posting. Maybe being told to sit back by a post directly can be taken as insulting when it should already be implied, but there’s nothing wrong with actually doing it. It encourages healthy discussion.

3. Insurgency was being used an example to further a point. :frowning:

4. Yes, Nelson has said that financial issues are not a concern. However, there are other reasons to consider making a game pay-to-play, even if you or I don’t support the suggestion for that particular reason, if at all.

3 Likes

cmon guys money is too hard to get for ppl like me, make it free like always or ur game will be very bad!!! and no one will play this and go on roblox instead!!!

1 Like

I can afford buying a 4.0 release, but my friends, who I play with on a regular basis, refuse to pay for this game.

Unturned is not going from F2P to P2P. POINT ADDED HERE, yea it is lol, still called Unturned, has all content as Unturned, and is labeled as an update to Unturned. Yea, it is Unturned. Unturned 3.0 will stay for good and a paid 4.0 would be released. Any players who couldn’t pay for 4.0 would simply stay on 3.0. They will be separate games. There, community saved.

First, Nah fam. 3.0, a (at 4.0 release) will not be updated, finished game. While 4.0, the edition people actually want, is locked by a pay wall. Community saved, Ha, you are in 2017, if a game does not get monthly updates, (3.0 at 4.0 full release), it will die, fast. Why do you think Unturned is still played? If Unturned stayed at 3.21.2.0, for ever from now on, it would be a DayZ standalone situation, get tired leave, while 4.0 is getting updated behind a paywall. It is like saying “Hi, you can try this game out, but, if you want the actual ability to get updates, pay up” Sounds not good to me.

This is him asking for you to actually think. He wanted you to read before you mindlessly hated on the idea. Kudos, you followed that part.

Yea, I know. More commonly known as the “Hey, my opinion is the only one here and if you oppose me you did not read the post.” I feel this way because I am on the Unturned steam fourms on a regular basis and this is what that phrase means there, sorry to Sirba as I now understand that was not your way of thinking.

This is your opinion. He is entitled to his.

It is my opinion, I am stating this to show reason as to why this idea may not be true to all of the community, not saying I would not buy Unturned BTW, I know you did not mention that but I had to put this here so you’d know,

This is assumption. No need to hate on a simple suggestion with something like this. Nelson may need to bring in more cash (since he just recently moved). Times (and people) can change.

Currently working on this one, will edit when I have it ready.

Most of those Unturneds skins cost a 3 cents. Show me the legitimate sales numbers and then we’ll talk.

Can’t, steam will not release those numbers. But go on the market and see all those Halloween crates selling daily.

This game is on the same market as Unturned, low priced like this is suggesting, and has a great community. It relates completely.

… Are you on the same planet we human beings are on? That’s like saying Roblox is related to CoD by community because they are on the Xbox market. Unturned started as a free game in early access that left early access free, insurgency started as a paid game in early access and released paid. You don’t leave early access THEN make the game paid. Just because insurgency has a good community because it is $10 does not mean Unturned will, these games apply to two different people, with completely different mind sets on liked games. Price does not dictate the actions of the community. Therefore, not related.

People take advantage of sales to get the game for cheaper. Game revenues show increases during large sales. Thats the point of it. If people can’t afford the wholesale price of $10, there is a chance for them to get it at a price that’s more affordable to them.

Hey buddy, sales are not constant and we humans love to lose interest in things quite fast if they are out of reach. And I know what a sale is I am a human being. I say that a lot sorry.

Nobody uses these and you know it.

Yea that was a weak point, their is one gold server.

Refute my points, I am subject to change my opinion with good reason.

I accidentally called Unturned paid so I changed it, whoops.

Are you saying the F2Pers don’t truly like the game? What if the can’t afford it? Don’t say “it’s only 5 dollars everyone can afford that” because that is a flat out lie, besides, 90% of players are 12 and under.

Unturned 3.0 is still going to have updates, and the game has always been free.

I said the game has always been free, did you read the post, and why in gods name would nelson update two of the same game at once?

Your text is very confusing then… Why not, he already said that 3.0 is still going to have a long lifetime. And no, they’re not the same game.

A r e y o u a l l t h e r e? WHY NOT!?!? He is one not even 20 year old man, ONE NOT 10. Why would he update and old and inferior copy of a game when he can put all of his need focus on his current project. Oh, 3.0 will have a long lifetime, he is most likely referring to the steam workshop, IDK, I’d still rather play 4.0 then use unturned 3.0.

You want him to update two games every Friday, not only that, But you want him to update two games with two separate and completely different engines (Unity and UE4) every week. Go away.

I am new to this site.

1. True, weak point on my end.
  2. Yea, I know, I have been on the steam fourms and youtube comment section, that phrase means something else in those areas, sorry to sirba as this was not the way he ment this.
  3. Obviously. It is a bad way too do so. “Yea this unrealistic blocky zombie survival like game will have a good good community at 10$ because this non zombie realistic one life wargame has a good community and it is 10$”
  4. Better community at the cost of losing thousands? I don’t care if they are bad or if they can’t afford the game, we lost them. they spread our love for this game. What other reasons are you advocating for? If this one at all. You have not stated that yet.

Please, please, please
The only things keeping me from trash talking are the “community guidelines”

Nelson does NOT have to update BOTH games every Friday. But he can still take care of them BOTH as they will BOTH still be there.

Unturned 3.0 will NOT die because it will still have it’s charm of PvP when 4.0 will be more focused on PvE. Unturned 4.0 is NOT an update to Unturned 3.0 because these games will be standalone games.
Nelson might not be old, but he is talented for making such a great game by himself.

And no, Nelson wasn’t refering to the workshop as it would also die if 3.0 died. So Nelson will try to keep both games updated, each with its own charm.

Having paid 4.0 is a much better solution to filter out a small portion of those unwanted kids. And $5 is very affordable (coming from someone like me, very poor) so it won’t be a problem

How agressive can you be ? He is 20 now and he never said that he was going to update both games the same day at the same hour, we still don’t know how Nelson will manage 4.0 as it’s currently very early in development.

1 Like

I know, right xD
He must really not like “old and classic”

You know what? I’m done, we’ll see how this plays out, if it is a paid release, watch as a great game crumbles. If it is free, watch it continue to prosper for a few more years. Then fall like all things do. If this does happen. I’ll say, I told you so. learn how a market works please? The harder it is to reach the car keys, the less you want to drive.

You are the one that got mad here, if you don’t like the idea of having a nice discussion you can leave.

1 Like

Having a new game being paid isn’t gonna instantly delete all of its community
As I said, this is a new game with improved graphics and improved engine and improved mechanics.
If 3.0 became a Pay2Play, then maybe it would die out. But even you, yourself, know that 4.0 deserves $5 to be played as it will filter out a lot of kids. $5 is not much at all. People who wouldn’t play the game would have an excuse of “I don’t have any money”
But when people get to play it, it would be worth every cent you haven’t paid. Just like the gold upgrade, only better.

1 Like

I would rather kill the rotten people in this world and keep the good ones. We would lose more than half our population, but it would be the best choice. We don’t aim for numbers, we aim for quality and Unity
People who would stick with Unturned because they love the game and have invested days of their lives playing it

1 Like

This. I’m not gonna falter to say it. There’s loads of shitty people (Mainly children) in this community, and placing a legitimate monetary price not only drastically affects the number of F2P kiddes you encounter, but also means that hacking isn’t as viable as it used to be on a free game. Sure we’ll lose a fair amount of players. In the end though, there’s going to be a quality > quantity increase in players, meaning More mature discussion, more effort put into workshop, and a higher chance for RP servers to work. Wouldn’t you want a more mature playerbase too? Because if there’s one thing that I’ve never seen a F2P kiddie have, it’s maturity. Look at Arma for example. It’s full of 20-35 year olds (A lot of veterans too), and it has one of the most mature and helpful communities out there. I’m not saying Nelson should make 4.0 $60+ but not once have I seen an immature kid in that game in my age group. Kinda strange considering it’d be considered CoD on steroids to any 12 year old.

1 Like