How do I even run a server with plugins anymore?

Title. I haven’t ran servers since 2019. Trying to run a server now, I have came to a few roadblocks. First, I realized Nelson made a separate Unturned Dedicated Server steam thing, got that, running it now.

Now, installed RMod, but now all the old plugins I was running are giving me errors where (I assume) they were not before. I removed the plugins that I know were having errors because of my own faults (Global Ban, LoonePermissions, Save/Load wont work because I’m not running a MySQL server).

But a simple plugin like uEssentials doesn’t even work.

[loading] uEssentials
Failed to load uEssentials, unloading now… :System.TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 010000ed (from typeref, class/assembly SDG.Unturned.ConsoleInput, Assembly-CSharp-firstpass, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null)
at Rocket.Core.Plugins.RocketPlugin.LoadPlugin () [0x00033] in :0

[unloading] uEssentials
Failed to unload uEssentials:System.TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 010000ed (from typeref, class/assembly SDG.Unturned.ConsoleInput, Assembly-CSharp-firstpass, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null)
at Rocket.Core.Plugins.RocketPlugin.UnloadPlugin (Rocket.API.PluginState state) [0x0003b] in :0
at Rocket.Core.Plugins.RocketPlugin.LoadPlugin () [0x0005c] in :0

and workshop items throwing random errors, too.

also, with all these plugins in disarray, the only thing I see left is the paid plugin market, which I already warned about being a bad thing. With this server idea, it would cost 45$ alone to get the server working at baseline. Is there any plugin alternatives to the dead rmod plugin repository, and IP’s paid nonsense?

I got the same issue on my end with that workshop item you used. I think there might be another place for plugins still although I can’t remember. Anywhere from a few months ago to last year I found a uEssentials version that worked although there were a few issues.

I can’t remember if it was uEssentials or a separate plugin that added kits, but whatever it was no longer supported modded items (cleared them from kits on restart) compared to older versions.

The biggest issue hitting me now is that after a recent update, I can no longer host a server online. The InternetServer parameter doesn’t work, and specifying the port in the same startup file does nothing anymore either, but the examples and documentation say they both should still work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.