How does one get a car demo key without being a big youtuber?

You shouldnt be asking for a key through email pal

the guy above me literally said that he got a key after emailing

4 Likes

so reply to all threads even if you have nothing interesting to say while acting genuinely interested in the sĢ¶hĢ¶iĢ¶tĢ¶pĢ¶oĢ¶sĢ¶tĢ¶ topic k got it

what the fuck did you just sayyyyy???

Listen iā€™m trying to help here
but then you come on to the scene like,

now listen im not the most helpful person here
but when you say this stuff to me,
ā€œyou have nothing interesting to say while actiing genuinely interestedā€
this just seems so rude.
next time when you want help,
dont ask me

i didnā€™t ask for a key in the email, i sent him a suggestion for something i wanted in the game along with a heartfelt message.

@calamari is completely right, dont keybeg

Listen man saying that is just messed up, Tophat is an active member of this community and you shouldnā€™t be attacking him for telling you to be active, despite what you said, he is active and when he has something to provide he does. We tired to help you and yet you push on, Insulting other users and asking for keys in email is not the right way to go about this mate.

2 Likes

didnt insult anyone mate

Hold the front fuckin door!
Explain to me why youā€™re calling me uninteresting when Iā€™m trying to help you?
This is the most lackluster retarded shit I have ever seen!
Explain to me what that means then?

sorry there was a lot of edits, i was on mobile
1 Like

Hey, I just wanted to mention a few things before unlocking the thread.

They basically are. A lot of purely key begging threads have been deleted, and any accounts made solely to spam multiple key begging threads have been privately warned.

This thread was for a question rather than just begging for a key, and the on-topic replies have generally useful information that other people could use. So, the thread was never deleted.

Hereā€™s the problem.

TophatPesky was trying to point out that you misread AtleStā€™s post and assumed he emailed Nelson for a key, which, in reality, he was just describing his activeness.

Your reply, which was satirical and made directly to TophatPesky in regards to Forum comment hierarchy (visually and with how notifications are handled), portrays you as rather unpleasant.

I donā€™t know if your post was making fun of the word ā€œactiveā€ or if it was making fun of Pesky. I assume itā€™s the former, but itā€™s evidently incredibly easy to mistake it as you insulting TophatPesky. I get that, it was probably unintended.

Though, the easiest way to have avoided it is to not make satirical comments when youā€™re trying to get a question you asked answered.

Thatā€™s not to say everyone else was overly defensive, but what didnā€™t help is your follow-up reply, which didnā€™t acknowledge the misinterpretation, and instead decided to be satirical again by reusing and bolding text.

Weā€™re on a forum. People need to socialize responsibly and respectfully. Mistakes happen, and when they do people need to just own up so thereā€™s not a half-dozen posts of people misinterpreting each other before a a third-party has to point out theyā€™re all being silly.

The plan is to get a playable demo out to everyone as soon as possible. Donā€™t beg for keys.

A more inclusive demo may be released when the Vehicle Demo is updated into a Combat Demo. Or, it may potentially be playable by everyone at that point.

Iā€™m pretty sure the original question has been answered already, but if not then feel free to rephrase it or ask for clarifications or whatever. That would be more appreciated than discussing ways to contact and ask Nelson for a key.

EDIT: Thread is unlocked now.

8 Likes

onto the original post i wanted to make:
Lets make this clear, you can only get unturned steam keys through the following:
Being Active
Well Known
And from what i have heard, 1000 hours plus on unturned.
When the next wave is released (possibly the combat demo), people with the following will have a key and can play unturned ll.

So now that i have told everyone how this works, everybody stfu about getting a key for the car beta.

Good to know I meet this criteria

I feel like with the combat test more participants will be given keys, ontop of the already-existing vehicle demo key holders. No need for nelson to manually invite the same ~100 or so people to the next demo. Time wasted doing that could be time saved inviting ever more people to come enjoy it and give feedback.

my bad, i act like a salty cunt when i have bad day

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.