How to improve groups 101

• For players that have built structures/barricades before being invited or creating a group, they should have an option to “transfer” their individual ownership to the group so that their groupmates can access those objects. EX, if you build a whole base and then your friends decide to join, if you didn’t build it in a group, you’ll have to salvage everything and replace it in the shared group.

• For in-game groups, have an entire GUI for all members, on or off of the server. The biggest problem with in-game groups is that you can invite people, they can accept, and then log off and can not be kicked from the group so long as they never log in.
    This can lead to complex situations where you either invite the wrong person and they have every advantage to salvage raid you later, or you need to remove a toxic member from your group but you cant because they aren’t on the server. Either way, this is a no-brainer addition.

• Add the ability for group admins to create an “alliance” with other groups. This way, on survival or RP, or anything, you will know if someone is an ally or not. There are a lot of situations where I meet a cool group of people and make friends with them but they cant afford to actually join my group.
    I don’t want to kill them by accident, yet, its so easy to kill the wrong people. This sounds like such a simple addition I wonder why it has never been added. Just make it so allies have a different colored name above their head, and still allow PvP among them.

• Add the ability for one person to be apart of multiple groups, and be able to choose which group will inherit permissions for what they place.
    EX: I’m in Group 1 but I join another, Group 2. Although I am in two groups, I choose Group 2 to be my build group, so when I build anything, only members of Group 2 will have access to it.

anymore ideas?

7 Likes

Those seems like nice ideas. +1

1 Like

Sounds cool

2 Likes

so now we should be asking why this hasn’t been implemented into 3.0

nolson pls add

Number 2 of group management is really needed, that’s why I have keeping solo play for many months now, group handling is very inconvenient at the moment.

For number 3 (alliances), group packs should be limited to avoid new spawns facing against 10 players on day one.

I have always been against friendly fire immunity, if you shoot a friendly, he/she must get damage.

But when it comes to identification, like some MMORPGs, it would be nice if a clan could make a custom outfit or cape so that you can tell the allegiance of that player from afar.

For last point about joining different groups, I have experienced many uncomfortable situations with leech type players and would never trust a person that is in both groups. I have witness backstabbing in excess already.

1 Like

I feel like steam groups could easily fix the problem with the second point. Everything else, though, does sound like interesting additions that would be pretty good.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.