How to remove the manual object culling?

Hello, good afternoon/night, I wanted to ask how I can remove the object culling manual. I don’t know how it can be removed. Thank you very much and greetings.

If you’ve placed a Manual Object Culling volume, you can select the volume and then press the [Delete] key on your keyboard (similar to deleting an object or any other volume).

If you’re trying to remove an automatic object culling volume added to your object, you can add the following to the object’s .dat file: Exclude_From_Culling_Volumes true.

For more information, see: Manual Object Culling — Unturned 0.1 documentation

2 Likes

Thanks for responding greetings!

I placed a manual object culling in the editor but I try to remove it and it says that it is removed but it is not removed

I know about this update notice, I wonder if it will help you.

1 Like

Here is the link to it on the actual website:
Manual Object Culling — Unturned 0.1 documentation (smartlydressedgames.com)

I pasted the link and it auto-generated ‘Unturned 0.1 documentation’, which is so confusing, might want to look into that.

I am facing the same problem, and the question is where in the file should this “Exclude_From_Culling_Volumes true” be written. Where to write it, let’s say I have Unturned\maps\fjordinar\level and there is a file Objects.dat, but there is not clear encoding, and then what to do?

If you’re trying to remove an automatic culling volume from your object, you need to edit the object’s dat file – not the server’s Object.dat file. This is an object property that you can configure per asset; there isn’t a server setting.

For example, this is how Bunker_5.dat is configured:

GUID 17723c9812f04815afad1b55769f6bb0
Type Large
ID 912

Collision_Important
Exclude_From_Culling_Volumes true
Has_Clip_Prefab false

https://docs.smartlydressedgames.com/en/stable/assets/object-asset.html

won’t changing the object’s .dat file result in them not being able to join multiplayer servers?

1 Like

My assumption was what @SebaaX and @FlutterShein would be modifying their own custom objects if they were trying to add that property, but you’re correct that both of them could be having issues with a vanilla object. In which case, this wouldn’t be a viable option.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.