How will be translations implemented, and maybe any ETA for it?

I have been translating the game to Spanish for months not only for the game Workshop as an “semi official” translating everything from the Localization folder. I also have spanish servers completely translated to spanish not only on all the plugins but also the server commands usage, server announces when someone leaves a group or server will be updated to a new version, etc.

Now, I would like to know if there will be an official implementation for different languages for the game any time soon? and how will it be implemented? I would also ask if there will be support for in-game items description, item titles, NPCs from vanilla maps and more? Since the only stuff you can translate at this moment is the user interface and some server things, that’s all. I saw RocketMod have support for multiple languages for their translation files for plugins like “Plugin.en.translation.xml”, so I guess the game will have an option to change the language Spanish, Russian, etc. so we could add “Plugin.es.translation.xml, Plugin.ru.translation.xml” files so players will see everything translated from plugins on their language depending on their selected language, right?

Now, will be there any kind of “Apply for” for this work? Because I would LOVE to be the one who translate this game to spanish, I’ve playing this game for years and I know how everything works around it

1 Like

Could you clarify a bit more? Items can already be translated.

Nope, when uploading a Localization to the workshop you can only translate things from menus and servers

I know things like NPC conversations and items names could be translated but it need to be inside the game folders and those files need to be manually replaced

1 Like

I think Rodrigo is asking for more robust support for mods to add localization’s without needing to reupload every asset. A lot of curated maps get reuploaded with Chinese or Russian translations, but these include all of the assets and thus are susceptible to a takedown. It would be nicer if instead of needing to upload all the assets – creating potential conflicts and potentially making some versions out of date – a translator only needs to upload the translations and it could work for the official upload. Same with vanilla items.

3 Likes

Yeah, I understand what they’re asking for better now. A lot of localizations will require a manual installation, which isn’t ideal / something we’d want to recommend.

There is a relevant Roadmap card for this actually (although it’s phrased more-so about official translations). We’d want to rewrite the current translation system first, which would make localizations easier to create both by the community, and potentially officially.

See the relevant Roadmap card here: Trello

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.