Hurt Sounds

Simple Suggestion

I have always been surprised that the player does not produce sounds when receiving damage, all we hear is the generic beat sound.
My suggestion is to add this sound, which is like a moan (would vary from whether the character is male or female - Assuming there is this differentiation).

- How does this improve gameplay?

This noise would attract the attention of turneds and players, thus making the player more cautious when taking damage (Injections could also make the player make a noise).

However, there would be a way to diminish these sounds, which would be by improving the silence ability (which would be improved as the player went down, among other things).

Basically that’s my idea, let me know what you think of it.

7 Likes

Moans wouldnt really add much and would probably be a bit over the top especially in large firefights. There would have to be a lot of different moaning sounds.

Don’t imagine a loud and annoying moan, something else like, for example, 7DTD

1 Like

Maybe we don’t have moans when we get shot? Although it may seem a bit strange, but it also makes no sense for the character to run normally after being hit by a 556 bullet in the leg.

@Cryptogram

I think a generic damage sound is fine. Granted, maybe one that’s not as goofy.

plus imagine what cursery the memelords would do discovering there’s female moaning in UII

2 Likes

Translation courtesy of Google Translate

3 Likes

̶A̶d̶o̶r̶a̶r̶i̶a̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶p̶o̶n̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶e̶m̶ ̶p̶o̶r̶t̶u̶g̶u̶ê̶s̶,̶ ̶m̶a̶s̶.̶.̶.̶
It may be interesting too

Do something like the “Ouch” of minecraft, only in female version

Hentai moans sound mod

2 Likes

I don’t necessarily think that a “moan” when taking damage is a good idea for unturned. Like i see where you are coming from, i’ve watch dayz a little and the hurt sounds i think fit that game, however, unturned is far less realistic and i don’t think it would fit

maybe at most we could have a heavy breath sound for when the player has recently been in pain or something, but i don’t think implementing hurt sounds would be that great.

(unless the roblox ‘oof.mp3’ is considered in which ofc)

Unturned may not be realistic but nelson has plans to make unturned II much more realistic then unturned and i think a sound uppon taking damage might work

Mmmm yes, moaning sounds for a different damage I’ll deal to my foes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

clicks on topic

realizes that nobody made the minecraft joke

2 Likes

No.
I would really fucking hate this. I would hate this so much, that it would deter me from playing the game, unless there is an option to turn off hurt sounds/prevent yourself from hearing other players’ hurt sounds. Having servers be a whole lot of same-sounding “oof” sounds would be insufferable. It would annoy me so much that I would stop playing, or at least play far less frequently than I would having hurt sounds not be a thing.

They all sound horrible and just don’t need to be there, in survival games. As for alerting zombies, there are a whole lot of other things that could alert zombies.

To me, “hurt sounds” just make survival games feel cheesy and unprofessional. I don’t want to hear some annoying grunt every time I take damage. And then having that ALERT zombies would be incredibly frustrating.

This is a nope from me on every concievable level.

Nelsin?

1 Like

I just forgot to translate, was doing other things and got distracted.

1 Like
  • Damage sounds should not be obnoxious.
    – Having multiple different audio clips could help with this.
    – Applying somewhat randomized filters over these clips could also help.

• Having different audio for different types of damage could be useful to players.
    – This could help the sounds be less obnoxiously repetitive.

• Having the same audio used for when you are getting hurt, when any player gets hurt, when a group member gets hurt, when an NPC gets hurt, and when you successfully hurt someone else could give players mixed signals and would be bad sound design, but I’m not sure how much those should be divided up.

1 Like

Clicks on topic

realizes that someone has done the minecraft joke

So here is the Terraria one ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

moans and groans

1 Like
1 Like