Hydration Packs

Can come seperate or included in certain backpacks. Crafting would allow a hydration pack to be sewn onto a backpack. Allows the player to drink water by simply pressing a key.

12 Likes

#stayhydrated

#gogreen4nolson

…Grandma? Is that you?

1 Like

A total MUST!!!
since 4.0 will be an actual survival game.

Either goes in the backpack or the sling slot.

1 Like

That suggestion is weird

1 Like

Maybe it could work with the holstering system, but as a pocket for liquids.

No, it would work as an attachment or as part of a backpack, or a backpack.

It is not useful because you can set items to a number

And? A hydration pack would take up less space.

Unless I’m misinterpreting Nelson’s response to the sectionalized clothing suggestion and his description of the holstering system, in order to hotkey an item, it needs to be in specific pockets, which might make the item visible on the player model. A hydration pack could act like one of those pockets, (or add one if it’s being attached) which would only be able to hold liquids. Storing liquids in a hydration pack would make more sense than hotkeying a canteen, because the canteen can’t hold as much, the animation of grabbing, opening, and drinking from a canteen would be longer and the canteen would take up a pocket that could be used for weapons, ammunition, food, medicine, etc

wait y have the hydration pack when i can have my trusty old canteen

I think it should go into a “Bag” slot.
I think it’s reasonable to have a Backpack Slot, Sling/Holster/Quiver slot and then a Bag slot. Like, going to school with your backpack and your gym sack with your phys ed stuff in it, i think it should have that as an additional slot. Also where this can go.

I don’t think it’s necessary to have a clothing slot for every potential way someone can carry stuff on them. A gym sack could go in the sling slot anyways tbh, slings don’t have to be limited to just quivers and gun slings.

Just add attachment-esque slots to some backpacks too, like how vests may potentially have something similar for plates.

3 Likes

While you are adding this you can add a food backpack , a medical bacpack …

no,just no

This doesn’t justify it. Hydratation Packs are common, but those you mentioned are not. Many cyclists use it, shouldn’t be much hard to find one

1 Like

A hydration pack, or a Camelback are quite common. They are specifically deisgned to hold a lot of water in a pouch on your back. There is no such thing as a “food backpack” because that would be a normal backpack.

2 Likes

Okay now you’re just being annoyingly sarcastic.

IRL hydration packs are common, used frequently, and actually exist, unlike a “food backpack” which is clearly your poor attempt at making a joke.

2 Likes

Funny, because there’s actually the military equivalent of a “food backpack,” called a haversack