I am a stupid idiot (hacked steam acc)

My steam account has been hacked, if you recieve anything from me DO NOT click on it. I also need help getting it back.

5 Likes

You are indeed the stupidest of the idiots! But I love you :smiley:

Also, i have to be signed into a steam account to report a stolen account and i dont understand it :frowning:

1 Like

Do you have the email you had linked to the account? Also do you still have your mobile auth if you had any?

they changed the email and phone number from the account so i changed the passwords of all my acounts

1 Like

Did you get a message in your email to let you know that it was being changed?

1 Like

yet

1 Like

That’s all I can help

1 Like

Wait, they cant simply change emails without confirmation from the old email.
Also, dont you have 2FA?

1 Like

Well, they DID. I’ll post what steam emailed me:

And there’s another email i cant acces on my phone which says that the main pc of my account has been changed to some wierd ip in russia, and that the main account email was changed.

1 Like

And steam support isnt helping because there is no other option to say that the credentials were changed.

1 Like

Enter account name
stoneman231

1 Like

Everything has been changed, it doesnt work.

1 Like

How? How did this even happen?

1 Like

Search for your old name on steam , find the new name and use that in the account recovery.

1 Like

Account name can’t be changed, if I you meant it.
Enter your account name, press “search” and fill these windows:

1 Like

Now I remember, yeah put in the name that would show up in the top right corner of steam whenever you got on.

1 Like

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2347-QDFN-4366

EDIT: https://help.steampowered.com/en/wizard/HelpWithLogin/

You should always use Steam Guard and other 2Factor Authentication methods to keep your accounts online secure.

Never click on suspicious links, and use the report button on someone’s profile to:

• Report advertisement spamming
  • Report group invite spamming
  • Report suspicious accounts
  • Report accounts you believe to be compromised
  • Report suspicious links
2 Likes

Ok, i misunderstood what it meant by account name. I’ve sent a help request with pictures of all my steam gift cards and receipts.

Hopefully this works…

1 Like

So, i was in a CS:GO match, then all of a sudden i couldnt connect to the steam servers. Then i got the emails. So what i believe happened is that a friend of mine, who i haven’t talked to in like 5 years (and i signed into my accout on his pc at the time) used my steam account “to check” if a fishy website was legit. Instantly it shut off my Steam Guard, (idk how because i had this enabled and i also have 2factor authentication on), changed my password, and changed the main pc.

1 Like