I Am Starting An Unturned Mod And I Have No Clue Where To Start

I am currently in the “making” of an unturned mod, I just dont know where to start. it is a basic mod that involves crafting explosives using vanilla items, with a goal of having these extra items to be craftable on the map washington. I currently have the models modeled, assets imported to unity, but i have know idea where to start. im basically adding a few reskins of chemicals, scraps, cloths, a reskin for some grenades, landmines, charges, a single use detonator, a couple of new rocket and grenade launchers, and a bunch of crafting recipes. I have looked up tutorials but I cannot figure any of them out, they seem complicated. I would eventually like to compile these weapons, items, resources, and crafting recipes into a mod that many people can enjoy, i just need help. If anyone can contact me at my email badassbunny2005@gmail.com, that would be much appreciated. I will also give more detail upon request/response.

For me, hands on fucking around is what helped me figure stuff out. These days the example assets included in Unturned’s Extra directory include basically what you’re looking for. 90% of the time when I start a new project, I just duplicate one of these example prefabs and just reassign fields for what I need. Beyond that though, Unity is complicated and it’ll take awhile to learn, you can’t give up and you can’t be discouraged. You’ll get there in the end.

Consider slowing down and taking it one step at a time. It sounds like you’re trying to do multiple things at once (bundling assets in Unity, creating a bunch of items that are all different types, crafting blueprints, custom spawn tables, etc.).

You may find it easier to focus on one thing at a time. For example, adding just one of the custom items to the game.

Have you bundled your items in Unity yet? It sounds like you’ve only imported them. It sounds like you’ve tried looking up some video guides. If you haven’t bundled your assets in Unity yet (as master bundles), that’s the first thing you need to do. The relevant official documentation for that is here: Asset Bundles — Unturned 0.1 documentation, but you’ve likely seen some older guides or video tutorials for creating master bundles as well.

do you know what asset ide use for a basic crafting material?

Idk what happened but i made a new project and tried to import the same assets, and when i click import, nothing gets imported, any idea on how to fix this?

what unity version was the new project?

Unity version wouldn’t be a factor in this. However the game uses Unity 2020.3.38f

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.