I got Vac banned on Unturned

This morning when I opened steam I got a notification that I got Vac banned on Unturned. I really don’t understand what happend the last time I even opened Unturned it was on 20th December 2019 , and I only played singleplayer and on a privte server made by a friend.What should I do now is there a way I can get rid of it?

1 Like

for viewer context yes he does have a genuine VAC ban in his Steam account

You cannot dispute VAC bans as they’re permanent and non-negotiable.

Read here for more information
https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/9/882959527688934488/

Whatever activity you did anywhere may have triggered it (May not be game-specific). Nothing wrong with opening up about it now if you did something (You have no reason to convince us, as the forums have nothing to do with bans), otherwise inquire with Steam Support as instructed in the link.

12 Likes

(DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT AN EXPERT ON THIS AT ALL, TAKE THIS “ADVICE” WITH A GRAIN OF SALT)

It could be a memory or hardware problem. Not 100% sure though it could be a software problem.

“If you do not know how or where the cheats were installed, you may want to consider reformatting your hard drive(s) and starting over with a fresh installation of your operating system.”

This is under the “Can I move my items and games to a different Steam account?” section of the VAC Ban in steam support.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?p_faqid=589

1 Like

sneak 100.

3 Likes

Also relevant: Steam Support :: Valve Anti-Cheat (VAC) System

1 Like

Yarrrr and Molt already covered the gist of it but I’d like to point something out with VAC bans:

It should be noted that VAC employs the use of delayed bans in order to disrupt the development process of cheats - a ban imposed today may have been the result of a cheat detected by VAC two weeks previously.

That might shed some insight.

4 Likes

Bans are also applied to accounts using the same phone number, meaning that if you have any alt accounts (using the same phone number) they’re probably VAC banned from Unturned too now.

And although this shouldn’t apply to Unturned – if you gift someone a game and they cheat and get banned, I believe that the gifter gets punished by not being able to gift that game anymore. Same with family sharing a game, iirc. In both cases you might also be banned too, sometimes, iirc. Unturned is F2P though, and DLC shouldn’t count afaik, so neither of those are relevant here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.