Idea for Helicopters

Except you won’t be able to take out a helicopter with one shot.

It would take a lot of concentrated fire for a rotor or component to fail.

That, or a well placed Anti Material Round.

Or a…Rail gun shot…(the shadowstalker returns!)

no
(10 character limit oof)

:fearful: (10 character oof)

@Tachanka

that would be interesting Prima Ahnung! not too far fetched at all

@GreatHeroJ

I think this is a great idea just like tachankas but i think that you would have more problem flying with 5 rotors in a hexagonal pattern than you would with 2 because the weight balance would be off causing a slight constant wobble(you would have to be a very experienced pilot to be able to counteract this and it could also cause the helicopter to stall and go into a spinout)
Now onto your idea for losing tail rotors, it like the first one fits unturned 4.X as its very realistic and would also be interesting to counteract as you would start gaining speed in your rotations
Next this is a medium sized chunk of text but im not done i think that the ability to weld random sized crap into a nice aerofoil shape to be about the same size as the others would be pretty rare eh? maybe add a thing where while you weld stuff at the beginning it is kinda sloppy looking and maybe adds like one third the stability back that a full rotor would and eventually as you do this more often it get slowly better in increments of hundredths or 1 percent of vanilla rotor and it will most likely be PRETTY expensive to replace rotors if 4.X is any bit of realistic as weve all been told

@tehswordninja

now your idea is pretty bad on the realism scale and really GOOD on the balance scale as realistically you can exit a helicopter in less than 10 seconds or 20 seconds depending on the type and seat position
on the part of being invulnerable to basic ballistic weapons any civilian helicopter should definatly not be invulnerable as once again realistically a 9mm bullet would go straight throught the floor of a hummingbird or other civ aircraft but anything police teir and up should i believe definatly be bulletproof to basic arms

and the rest are small posts that dont need replies tell me if you disagree with anything, constructive critisism, or formatting complaints

Well yes, it would be a challenge to control a hex rotor configuration with only 5 rotors, but compare that to a guaranteed death with 2 rotors when one gets destroyed.

thats a good point :thinking:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.