Imagine melee weapon upgrade system (modifications) like in Dying Light

What do you guys think about opportunity to upgrade weapons to create a superior weapon type and even add elemental damage to cause additional damage dealing effects (fire,electricity etc damage types)?

3 Likes

It would be pretty cool but weird to see in conjunction with more “harcore” elements that nelson seems to be going for. Taking out your fire sword of a holster on your chest rig system? Would feel funky. Would be a cool mod though!

5 Likes

Exactly. But what if only a player with the highest level of crafting skills can get access to weapon upgrade. That should be pretty balanced.

I too think that elemental damage types are bit ‘funky’, if we will have something like fire damage (or other elements really) in 4.0 there should definitely be support to give it to weapons, just so it’s an option for modders. I think for melee we should only be able to perform basic weapon maintenance that could improve its performance a bit (be it sharpening your axe or oiling for something like chainsaw).

2 Likes

Balance isnt the issue, its just the general theme of the game (as far as we have seen) is probably going to go against this

2 Likes

I would like this in unturned. Spiked bats and makeshift swords. Ect

1 Like

we have spiked bats lol, but makeshift swords would be pretty awesome!

1 Like

Ragdoll if you fall too high and the DROPKICK!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.