Immunity | In-Depth Thread

Reworks for Immunity

Currently Immunity in 3.x works in a way to gauge how much infection you’ve accumulated over the course of your journey. ( Be it rotten food, zombie bites, berries, ect. ) Once you delve down past 50% in a vanilla server your immunity gradually wears away.

Its time for a change in 4.x, perhaps make the system a bit more intricate.

My Suggestion

A rework of the old system, gradual infection will depend more on your situation rather than how low your immunity is.
Zombies will have a chance to inflict the Infection debuff.

Infection
Disease has been transmitted through your wounds.

• Infection will gradually wear away at your Immunity much like bleeding wears away at Health, except much slower.
  • The gradual wear of infection can vary depending on Difficulty
    Easy - 300 ticks
    Normal - 250 ticks
    Hard - 200 ticks
  • Infection can be combated by medication, bringing a lot of well deserved praise back to medicine.

That is all! Feel free to critique and add onto Immunity, 4.x is your game too!
Lets make 4.x a good one.

12 Likes

Finally a non-shitty overcomplicated medical concept that deals with one disease instead of 500.

+1

1 Like

Wait, I just wanna get the idea straight

So your immunity keeps going down slowly until you use meds? Or…?
Cuz that’s what I understood

It only goes down slowly when you have the “Infection” debuff inflicted upon you by a zombie.

Infection will gradually wear away at your Immunity much like bleeding wears away at Health, except much slower.

Infection can be combated by medication, bringing a lot of well deserved praise back to medicine.

Yep.

But only xombie attacks can cause this gradual decrease in immunity. Bad food, deadzones, and berries don’t cause it. Right?

1 Like

Only zombie attacks, yes.

In that case, I’m all for it

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.