Incomprehensible death in one of the points

I made a semblance of an underground metro, and as soon as I enter this point, it instantly kills me and writes that I died by my own hand, how can I fix this?

Not sure on exact process for it, but it’s something to do with underground whitelisting. If you find where it is in the editor I think it works as box shaped nodes that you put over the underground sections.

Point of it is to prevent taking advantage of glitching under the map.

2 Likes

I don’t understand why, it’s only in this place :smiling_face_with_tear:

I don’t know exactly how the system works but that’s what it is. Someone who does mapmaking more may show up later and be a bit more helpful with it.

Are you still having an issue with this, despite @CravenWarrior’s advice?

yes, this problem is still not solved.

My guess is there’s a Kill Volume there with Death Cause set to Suicide

This used to happen on some of my older maps (before devkit and volumes).
The only solution i found was just to put the underground area somewhere else since it only happened in one spot.

1 Like

That also happened back in 2019 to my old RP map which was almost the first I made. I’ve placed a hole volume and compiled 2 objects with Greece beams making a compound metro entrance and I was always dying in it. My guess is that the game handles underground movement weirdly and kills you IF there is a hole that leads you out of bounds somewhere / or if there’s a gap in objects’ colliders / or if you compounded 2 objects inconsistantly.

Try turning Underground_Whitelist line ON and covering all gaps to the out of bounds.

My map’s troubling place:

1 Like

I don’t think so.

If the map is available on the Steam Workshop, someone could look over it to see if they could potentially deduce what the problem is.

If that’s the St Peterbergs metro then that may also explain it. That object predates kill volumes and iirc Nelson manually added them to the object to stop oob exploits

1 Like

Oh really
lol

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.