Interesting character style concept art

What bothers me is that the models look like one of these ripoff mobile games. I would keep the art style the same without anything pixelated! I would say tier 3 (Green) is better because it looks improved!

3 Likes

h u himage

13 Likes

That looks like nelson

coolemoji

2 Likes

Its good concept art, but eh for unturned. Doesnt fit the style

3 Likes

Ergh, i really just hate all of it. I just want the current model Nelson already showed, all these simply don’t sit well with me.

1 Like

A combination of #3 and the current character model for 4.x would be nice. Personally, I like the head to body proportion of the 3rd the most.

The 1st and the 4th are rather bleh, too flat and too round respectively.

The 2nd is better than the 1st and 4th, but the head proportion just makes them look… short and fat…

3 Likes

THAT’S NOT MY UNTURNED :confused:

#3 looks the best, it would also be easiest to express gender with and I’d definitely like to create clothes for #3 the most.

That aside it’d look better if lower arms of #3 would be thinner.

1 Like

Why am I laughing so hard?

Gonna preface this with saying that it’s great concept art and whoever did this is a truly talented artist, but it’s just not right for what we’ve seen of 4.0 so far. The character models are either too high or too low poly, and as @Sirba referenced, some look more akin to children’s toys rather than video game models. My personal favorite is v3, due to the way it somewhat resembles the current detail seen in 4.0 update notes, but still it’s not polished enough to be a proper render and you can see why I dislike the hyperangular design in the half-haired face models.

2 Likes

I’ve been looking again… I guess a decent mixture between 2nd and 3rd model with Unturned’s classic artstyle would be really good. I agree with everyone else that most of those are too high poly and barely has anything to see with Unturned as we know.

1 Like

I’m starting to wonder if unturned 2 should even be called unturned 2. Maybe it should be called return of the turned or return of the dead.

1 Like

well, that.
oh%20god
that’s just terrifying.

8 Likes

So what I’m getting from this is to focus on the hand model parts of the characters, not the entire models. Personally, like many others have said, I don’t feel like fingers really fit all too well into Untjurned’s style, or at least I feel like it wouldn’t. However, that may just be because there is no reference of UII’s style in relation to these hand models that would allow me to properly assess such a claim.

v2 and 3 just look, off. 1 and 4 look nice though.

Sounds like the current character is still the most popular. :wink:
Been revisiting the rig generation this past week while I was in Calgary, and I’m hoping to have some cool stuff to show once that’s complete. (Will be in the existing style, not currently planning to adopt these styles.)

14 Likes

:heart: Nice! Can’t wait to see it!

What about this Model? (I don’t need it in unturned but just asks.)
Unturned%20model
(It’s horrible a bit) (The face isn’t with model, It’s just to make it looks better.) (Sorry for not moving the cam because it was made in paint 3d.) (Sorry, for modeling again.)

1 Like

your hurting me

Personally, I pray there are no toes in 4.0 and I’m vary iffy on fingers, and I’ll just prefer not.

(Also I’m just not of fan of this model or it’s idea if i’m being honest here)

1 Like