Is Duolingo actually (kinda) dangerous?

Ok,I might seem like a moron for saying this,but does the Duolingo app actually entail any dangers? I don’t believe that a big green bird will kidnap my family,but are there other dangers that come with using it? (Privacy etc.)

I’ve been thinking of using it lately,because it seems like a decent app.

I don’t use duolingo so sorry I can’t answer you but the memes say no. MEEEMES!

(this isn’t a serious comment)

Last thing I’ve got from them was this:

So, It’s family friendly

And about privacy things, it’s safe at least I think so

3 Likes

Yes, it will track your internet history and would link with your message history too, and at some point it will connect to your PC when it gets nearby and find all kinks you saved or searched. Then the app will realise why you’re missing out all of your Spanish lessons

Memes aside, it’s extremely harmless. This privacy scare is pretty silly to be honest

12 Likes

Thx for answering boys :wink::elroy_classic: @Yarrrr @CrazyCat @raptorgamingFR1

this duolingo meme isn’t funny

3 Likes

What do you mean? Of course it will, I speak from experience

honestly i’ve never seen a funny duolingo meme. All of them are some variation of “Funny bird does violent thing”

7 Likes

Well
Time to summon the Lord

Done esta @doulingo

The only things that can hurt you there is trying to learn French, Spanish and made up languages like Esperanto, Korean and High Valyrian.

4 Likes

It’s a trade off. If you don’t pay with money you pay with soemthign else. In this case, data.

The only thing it’s taken from me is a good night’s sleep with it’s notifications. Learning Russian is fun.

1 Like

Does this actually happen? (Proof)

Yes, companies like Google and Facebook collect your data and sell it to other companies

More detailed explanation

https://youtu.be/5pFX2P7JLwA

1 Like

OH MY GOD! Google, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube violate the privacy of everyone who uses them please check out my posts and videos on Google+, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube to find out more and share them to spread awareness and don’t forget to like and subscribe. Thanks so much for watching all the way to the 10 minute mark.

1 Like

you have google.

You cannot possibly be this simple minded.
Do you really expect a service liek dualongo to be genuenly free?

spanish or vanish

1 Like

Nuq’neh?

tfw you’re a russia weeb but also a normal weeb