Is u2 player model going to change?

I was wondering if the player model was going to be changed in some way to make its arms thinner like the first model

First character model had thinner arms and because of that it was taking less space on the screen and guns and other items were more visible, im worried that because of this new model gun triggers and other small details wont be created because of the new model, and thinner arms are better looking and allow players to look at the ground while free looking
I also think that animations would look better if its arms were thinner

I know that it will take a long time for nelson to change it, but I wouldn’t mind waiting a few more months.

I know that he will probably not change it, I just wanted to give my opinion on the newest player model

2 Likes

Maybe its subject to change but its unlikely,but i have to agree that the old one was a little more apealing

2 Likes

I forgot what was the reason why Nelson had redone the whole thing

2 Likes

I think that he said that it had “the same problems as 3.0 model”

I still dont understand what that meant and I dont think he said anything about it other than that

1 Like

Molton will probably explain later maybe also i mean he redone the guns two and outfits that’s what i mean

1 Like

I wouldn’t bring this problem up (again), but none of my friends like this model and im starting to think about the limits of the newest model.

2 Likes

I think the problem with the older one was that textures like clothes tended to bend and tear at the edges where arms and legs moved.

4 Likes

The armature was a problem. The model as a whole wasn’t designed efficiently or practically. The current model is still fairly similar to it, but features a better armature, and the model is better suited to handle the animations and meshed clothing the game has.

The gun isn’t really anymore blocked between the current model and the original model. The only notable difference is that the animation style has changed, so that the player has more aggressive stances. This was meant to help reduce the weird stretching/tearing issues at locations like the shoulder, and look a bit more natural.

That’s also where the “screen space” reduction is coming from – the animations themselves.

EDIT: iirc, I believe I asked Nelson about the “hand” size once, and he made a comment regarding limitations with IK hands and how animations looked better with the thicker hands for stuff like the vehicle animations? Not positive on if I’m remembering that correctly.

5 Likes

I sincerely hope he doesn’t bother with anymore model changes. Last time it scrapped/forced him to redo most of the things and delayed the progress

5 Likes

I wouldn’t mind waiting a few more months for him to fix its arms because currently its arms are the same width as its legs witch is ill proportioned and its arms are almost as wide as its head

However I know that he is currently occupied by other things and probably won’t change the model anymore

3 Likes

I’d rather this, than slenderman.

4 Likes

Im not taking about slener man
Only thing that I want is to make its arms more like the first model

1 Like

I actually didnt like the skinny arms lol.

1 Like

Im talking about the model from dev 1
Not dev 18
Model from dev 18 had skinny arms

You weren’t even on this forum when the first model was created

1 Like

ya lol i thought u where talking about that twiggy alien from dev #18…and when he introduced the shot gun in one of his devs I thought i remembered the arms being really skinny and not liking it. But still tbh I don’t mind the arms now.

And just because I wasn’t on this forum day one doesn’t mean i didn’t see the first log on you tube when it came out and was just as excited as the rest of us fellow unturneders.

3 Likes

I would strong suggest no more editing of the player model otherwise its going to be another year before we see any progress made.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.