Issues Hosting Kuwait

I am actually experiencing a common issue. I have been looking around for a solution and have found none thus far. Let me start off by saying, I did put the number in the File_ID section of the WorkshopDownloadConfig.json. If this was not clear I am attempting to host a Kuwait server via U3DS.

{
  "File_IDs": [
  ],
  "Ignore_Children_File_IDs": [],
  "Query_Cache_Max_Age_Seconds": 600,
  "Max_Query_Retries": 2,
  "Use_Cached_Downloads": true,
  "Should_Monitor_Updates": true,
  "Shutdown_Update_Detected_Timer": 600,
  "Shutdown_Update_Detected_Message": "Workshop file update detected, shutdown in: {0}",
  "Shutdown_Kick_Message": "Shutdown for Workshop file update."
}

Next, I also have it listed as the name in the Commands.dat

name Kuwait Test Server
map Kuwait
mode normal
log Y/Y/Y/N

So thus far everything has been normal however when it loads it says it can not find Kuwait and then defaults to PEI:

1 workshop item(s) to download...
Downloading workshop item: 2483365750
Download workshop item 2483365750 failed, result: k_EResultFail
Attempting to load curated map 'Kuwait'? Include its workshop file ID (2483365750) in the WorkshopDownloadConfig.json File_IDs array.
Failed to find map Kuwait, defaulting to PEI!
Unloading 2 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 2)
UnloadTime: 0.166400 ms
Loading level: 8% 

I assume it’s an issue on my part since there has not been a solution I have found yet, but it is also new. If you find what I’m doing wrong, that would be incredible, but in the mean time I will be continuing to try to find a solution. If I find one before something comes up here, then I will follow up with that and post the solution. Thank You!

I had an issue trying to play Kuwait on my server as well. I’m not sure if you have the same issue I did, but you can try the fix that got it to work for me.
Add this workshop (Kuwait Bundles) to your content workshop folder for your server. Make sure to add the Kuwait Map workshop into the Maps folder instead of the content folder.

Sadly it did not work for me, just the same issue of it failing to download or load either.

I assume that if you were to try downloading other mods to your server, they would also fail to download and generate the same error message. In which case, this would likely be an issue of temporarily losing connection to the Steam Workshop servers.

You can find the Workshop logs at steam/logs/workshop_log.txt (if you’re using SteamCMD). It may have additional information about why the download failed.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.