Item + Transparency Feedback

I think the lesson here is that the shader was really bothering some people. :thinking: The model is quite nice, even if there is a sneaky lil’ trigger in there. I personally like some of the more exaggerated parts, and some of the stubbiness, because it helps retain the Unturned feel (especially with the character model)! That, and if parts are too thin then they just look a tad too much out of place in my opinion.

For some reason, I was really happy about the fire mode selector. I have literally no reasoning for that, though.

1 Like

Much better! :grinning:

I don’t like the top picatinny (the rails sticking out look horrendous [you can’t even make a Rev 1-esque meme out of them]), but the smoothing definitely looks INFINITELY better without the lighting.

Also why is the fire selector switch red? :thinking:

I was a bit confused too at first. I just ended up assuming it’s possibly a contrast thing, so people can actually identify what that detail is?

1 Like

Question. Will the made-up gun names be used again like in 2.0/3.0?

I hope so. It made all the guns a hell of a lot more memorable.

1 Like

I like it, but most of the features/detail will kind of be useless if the hands remain the same/a similar size in 4.0.

Maybe try an ak next?

1 Like

Man, according to twitter that gun is the M4A1

I kinda like it, but it looks too similar to a more Roblox-ish style with the weird lighting. As a first pass looks great though, plus I’m confident you can deliver excellent revisions from the community’s feedback.

oooohhh nice nelson

Maybe add the picatinny railing onto the handguard too? And perhaps if you’re willing, add the front ironsight built into the gun? I think it would make the gun more distinct from any other AR15 variants added further down the line if that kept the front sight attached whilst other ‘more advanced’ AR15 variants (e.g. LR300, HK416/7) had detachable front sights as well as rear sights.

I mean if you checked the Twatter (before it got restricted to registered followers only, what the hell?) it said this was an M4A1 so that wouldn’t really make sense.

I would skin it :open_mouth::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Me too :slight_smile: I would love to see a bit more detailed gun like this :slight_smile: Still fit into Unturned, nice work!

1 Like

Ah shit, I realized I must’ve accidentally closed the tab to the forums. Either way, it looks nice, Nelson. Not so high poly that it doesn’t fit Unturned, but definitely looks like a newer game.

Maybe some configuration issues showing too much stuff?

1 Like

Yeah, when I went on there originally there was something-something about modifying the color of the palate of France to be darker?

I like it, going a few steps closer to realism. Should have a better lighting but overall it is great. I hope that all other weapons that came from 3.0 are to be worked on and brought to 4.0 for a reappearance. But the design of the gun makes me wonder, what gun is that exactly?

Unlike the player models, i have 0 complaints here, i always liked this kind of modelling and its reminiscent to other low poly games which i think do the models perfectly.

1 Like

I am not big fan of it, it’s like 3.0 model but with more details which results in rather questionable combination. Thickness of gun appears good for 3.0 but details like trigger are way too thin, additional groove on grip is nice touch but again looks weird with whole gun being that thick, another thing is ejection port which appears to be flat and textured (but maybe it’s rendering that doesn’t let me see if it’s not flat). If it has additional detail like rails on top I think they should be in much bigger quantity, 5 rectangles on top look a bit weird. Looks like some parts could also be less metallic but that’s minor thing.