Items with multiple functions

Is there a way to create an item with multiple functions in one item?
For example, we would like to create an item that combines the functions of a stereo and a map, or something that combines completely different types of items, but still allows each function to be used.

Unfortunately, this isn’t how item assets work. Each “type” of item is its own item asset type. You can only use properties from that item asset type, or its parents, when making an item of that type. Some items have more properties than others.

We have official documentation for many of the item asset types, viewable here: U3-Docs/ItemAsset at master · SmartlyDressedGames/U3-Docs · GitHub

1 Like

Could some kind of way be used to convert a “type” of item into another “type” (like, map to walkie talkie to detonator) be done without having to craft it ? Like with an hotkey like firemode?

1 Like

The only official/vanilla method currently is to craft the item into a different item. Some curated maps, e.g. Kuwait, make this a little bit less clunky by having an inventory context action connected to this blueprint.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay in responding.
Thank you for all you do to help me learn.

I had missed this page.
It is so much more detailed than any other commentary page and is the best and most up to date.
Very helpful.

I’m going to try some things with “Action.”
Thank you!

1 Like

Sorry for the delay in responding.
Thank you for your reply.

I am currently publishing a “Mobilephone Mod” and wanted to create an item that has many functions like a real-life Mobilephone.

For example, “When possessed, it functions as a GPS, and when installed, it becomes a stereo.” When installed, it becomes a stereo.

However, it seems difficult at the moment, so I have made a specification to change the functions by crafting.

According to MoltonMontro’s instructions, that doesn’t seem to be possible, so I’m thinking of using “Action” to make it easier to change the functionality.

If you have any other suggestions for a better way to do this, please let me know.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.