ITT: Gore-related argument

I don’t know about you, but I’m exceptionally confused about the community’s stance on gore in general. Hence why this thread exists.
So, I thought, why not get some numbers?
Remember, I’m looking for your opinion.

I’d assume you know how this goes, I present a wide array of options, you mindlessly argue over trivial matters.

If you actually bother voting, it would be nice if you could state why you chose what you chose.

If you vote “Don’t Care”, ask yourself why you’re here.

It should be noted that I obviously won’t get everything down on the polls. That being said, simply pick what’s closest to your thoughts.

sigh Let the fun begin.

• I prefer wounds being aesthetic only.
  • I prefer wounds having medical implications.
  • I prefer wounds being exclusive to corpses.
  • I prefer wounds being exclusive to corpses, with some exceptions.
  • I prefer wounds being exclusive to corpses, with some exceptions, the exceptions being aesthetic.

0 voters

If you don’t want to give a specific answer, refer to the first three.

• Just Ragdolls (No gore pertaining to the body’s form.)
  • Don’t Care (Opt out.)
  • Japanese Cartoon (Gore = good, no exceptions/closet guro enthusiast.)
  • Bullet Entry Wounds (Puncture.)
  • Bullet Exit Wounds
  • Cuts
  • Bruises/Contusions
  • Blunt Force Trauma (Intradermal bruises, abrasions.)
  • Avulsions.
  • Burns
  • Gas (Peeling skin/red skin, other inflictions depending on type.)
  • Acid
  • Infection
  • Digital Dismemberment Manner (i.e. Certain pre-placed positions wherein the limb is mutilated.)
  • Analog Dismemberment Manner (i.e. Position dependent on impact placement, size dependent on force.)
  • Overdrawn Dismemberment Details (Bones & marrow, subsystems of the Vena Cavae, loose skin, organs, etc.)
  • Detailed Dismemberment Details (Bones and organs.)
  • Undetailed Dismemberment Details (Just blood.)
  • No Dismemberment Details (Literally a stump.)
  • Mangling
  • Gangrene
  • Necrosis
  • Trench Foot

0 voters

That’s just about everything I think is relevant; potentially common enough in the circumstances for inclusion.
Still feels like I’m missing something crucial.
Ah, what’s it matter?
Oh yes, this is technically a medical suggestion thread without explicitly stating so.
And here we go, make my day. (Internal screaming.)

3 Likes

GORE GORE GORE GORE
MYEHEHEHEHEHEH
the more the merrier

closet guro enthusiast

vvindowsme, is that you? Are you OP?

I honestly think that all this woundings and stuff would just be too much detail for the boxy character, it’ll look weird to have an incredibly Ultra HD bullet wounding on a character that has 4 faces in each arm.

I would like the work go into the damage system itself, more working things than just visuals.

1 Like

Most types of gore/injuries simply won’t render well or don’t fit the artstyle, esp things like necrosis, detailed gore, cuts as they would be too small of details to be worth rendering in a game where guns don’t even have holes in barrels.

4 Likes

agree (10 characters limit)

1 Like

Pls no gore :persevere:

1 Like

I accidentally click Oof.

Just the same thing as 3.0 with the addition of temporary cuts and gunshot wounds is enough for the game. Dismemberment probably should stick with zombies only.

7 Likes

i’m not a good fan of gore
especially animals

1 Like

I personally think that gore should exist to add more depth to the gunplay, but it shouldn’t be too much, i feel that bullet entry & exit wounds should be enough, with dismemberment only applied to zombies (but not too much detail). Cuts & bruises would be appreciated, but as ThatGuy said, it would be too small of a detail to be worth rendering.

1 Like

but chainsaws tho
wouldn’t it be fun to chainsaw peoples heads off

1 Like

I honestly would like if the gore would be like heads flying off and the zombies splitting in half, but all the interior stuff of the human being it’s a little bit unnecesary, and like we have been saying, just won’t fit the Unturned style that much.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.