Knocked out/unconscious sytem - w/Concept Art

Except it’s all black in DayZ, but I think your concept is better, it just shows of how the Unturned character never blinks.

2 Likes

I would like some sort of down but not out state, but one that jumps immediately from “oh my torpor bar is running low” to “I am completely helpless, and must watch myself get anally raped while slowly dying” seems like it could use some work.

7 Likes

well you would most likely keep ur food/water above 50% i dont see how you could have 1% torpor for hours straight, when eating food/water is a major part of a survival game. from what i posted the only ways of u losing so much torpor that u are close to fainting at all times is after a gunfight. which in this case u would probably be closer to death by bleeding than consciousness

I think you should make a new concept based on Nelson’s hud so far, as the II hud will be vastly different than the 3.0 hud

How would a sleeping mechanic work outside of singeplayer? Would you just sit in a bed for 1 seconds and be fully rested or would you have to afk for 5 minutes? Or are you thinking of some minecraft esque everyone needs to be in a bed

That’s in the official roadmap actually. And well, I proposed a similar thing here, so it can work.

1 Like

Seems a bit unnecessary, most of the time you would just be killed the second you dropped, but for RP this would be really cool, so maybe servers could toggle this?

But the way the roadmap proposes it wouldnt work at all for something like this, freshspawns would just make people die because they wouldnt need to sleep, and if you make it so if a majority is sleeping then that would break the “immersion” and “realism” so many people on this forum beg for

It may be freshpawns or something who wants to mess with everyone else on purpose… Anything may happen and it doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s not going to work. Also, saying that because of that “everyone is going to die”, may be a lil’ bit extremist, since only reason why you could die cuz of that is that you got zombies nearby or something.

The torpor system could kill people if they can’t get enough sleep.

I got excited just reading this, amazing idea!!

1 Like

nice to hear :slight_smile:

Well you wouldn’t be able to sleep so you would just go unconscious until someone feeds you, so you would hit a hard cap of no more progress based on the roadmap idea and this idea. It would not work with those two combined, although i far prefer your sleeping system to the roadmaps because it makes more sense in terms of balanced gameplay.

My sleeping system is fairly compatible with the roadmap planned one. How? Well, if everyone’s in bed, night can still be skipped, and how much your stats are recovered is proportional to the amount of time skipped, which is also the time you’ve been sleeping. So it still keeps the inmersion and realism, but it happens in an instant, so it stays nicely balanced.

Being this way, the disadvantaged one will always be that guy who chooses to not sleep, for any reason.

Kinda agree with the guy that said most people will just kill you after they knock you unconscious… Why will I let you live? What do I get out of it? What’s the benefit?

I see a use in RP/no kos, would be a bit better if you could tie up and move unconscious bodies too.

But outside of RP most will just finish you off imo.

1 Like

Maybe taking their guns, ammo and most important gear, then leave them tied up totally at their own risk, just to make things fair, e.g. if this person dumbly attacked you with no chance of winning at all, or if you are in the extreme need of stealing stuff from someone but you are pretty empathic, or even if you just wanted to mess with this person in a mean way without taking his gear and therefor not making an enemy. I’d do that, lol.

Also, as hardcore survival features will be greatly improved in Unturned II, people hopefully will be less prone to KoS (and toxic behavior in general). Injuries and death should represent a major inconvenient than they actually do.

That not true. Of you knocked somebody out, YOU would shoot them, but I would drag them back to my base and use them as a slave (basically forcing them to be my teammate.)

1 Like

Interesting, I don’t think I’ve seen a ‘consciousness’ type bar in any games before.

9 Likes

Just a minor side note to this, I don’t think consciousness should be visible on the UI unless it’s actively being impacted, e.g. if you were just shot in the head but wore a helmet, thus giving you a concussion.

3 Likes

Wow! I brought the attention of the almight Nelson Sexton :slight_smile: I hope you would consider some sort of system in the game for Unturned 2. Anyways im thrilled to see that you actually found this interesting :blush: