Lack of Unturned content

This really baffles me, How does Unturned not have a FBX map downloader like they have in Minecraft, How does Unturned not have downloadable mastercomfigs like TF2, Why does Unturned see very little short movie animation despite all the game models and textures being publicly available. Why doesn’t Unturned have custom downloadable animations like in L4D2?

There are more examples i could give but most of the community chooses modding and map creation despite there being other things available, some of these require a good knowledge of coding however so that is why players tend to lean more on Modding which is easier to learn but so is animation however the closest thing we have to that is gun animation and as far as i can tell there are only 3 people in the community who make Unturned animations.

1 Like

We built different. :person_in_lotus_position::muscle::pray:🤸

5 Likes

go ahead, make some unturned animations

12 Likes

Cope harder

2 Likes

I mean it aint that hard :skull:

Yeah it really isnt! Go ahead, make some animations :smiley:

12 Likes

because people actually want to get paid for their work, and dont want to spend hours and hours on end animating, just to get like 3 quid from youtube for like 4 months of work lmao, maybe think before you post.

11 Likes

i had a whole wall of text ready to post answering all OP’s questions but it boiled down to “OP cope harder or be the change you want to see in the world”

so
OP cope harder or be the change you want to see in the world

8 Likes

Its not all about money, Even if it was, I have never really seen a animation request for a server advertisement like in Minecraft even though it is posibble, and ‘‘4 months of work’’ is just cap, at the very least it should take a month to get the product, this isn’t source filmmaker with hundreds of armatured, its just a few horribly weighted bones which really shouldn’t take long to animate.

1 Like

@FluffyPancakes >easy

2 Likes

I guess if this is the type of stuff you make I shouldn’t take your opinions on animation seriously :rofl:

1 Like

ngl i feel like this was low hanging fruit, but my point still stands, you shouldn’t be saying that people should be pumping out animated content, when you yourself barely put out any animated content.

2 Likes

Steps to making an animation:

Storyboard > Writing Script > Making Models > Animating each frame of the character > texturing >
getting voice overs > editing

oversimplified version but this process takes way longer

Edit:

Speaking of which, I’m currently working on animation for film class and writing the script and storyboard has already taken me and my partner almost 2 weeks to make.

So yeah, I agree with Danaby, make some animations :+1:

4 Likes

it was a good video :smirk:

The thing is he actually can tho

uhh you watched like half of it get real

4 Likes

1 Like

“Why does Unturned see very little short movie animation despite all the game models and textures being publicly available.”

Have you heard of “Tales Of The Unturned” by DeerryteTV?

3 Likes

When I read the word “why” a second time I immediately thought of this:

3 Likes