Left-handed, Right-handed and Ambidextrous Benefits

incoming hate boner

not worth the boner

I think a slight upside/downside to performance (About 5 or 10% more/less?) for the preferred/not preferred hand is pretty good enough.

• Swing speed and damage are affected for melee weapons
  • Accuracy and action speed (e.g. Reload, gun sway, equip speed) are affected for ranged weapons.

This is so that you can still perform well with your dominant hand while dual wielding. I don’t really agree with different bonuses and penalties for different hands because it’s a bit ‘Discriminating’.

Otherwise, keep it as it is as a personal preference.

As a right handed person I do everything better with my right hand, there should be no left hand benefits except duel wielding.

No thankyou. Way to complicated and benefits that arent ‘realistic’. This adds a completely new mechanic into the game that is unneeded, unnecessary and something that I believe would flop if implemented. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agreed.

I don’t want to be forced to have stat differences just because I put my view model to left hand.

1 Like

Any game where bullets come out of the end of the gun instead of your face has “better peaking” but I don’t think it matters enough to really make a difference unless you can hot swap like redcomm said. Either way this is a really weird suggestion, and I would far prefer “handedness” to be a mostly cosmetic thing, but seeing as bullets do come out of the gun in UII,if you are a hyper tryhard you could probably count the amount of commonly peaked angles on a map and how many of them are right or left, and then change your viewmodel based on that, for that sweet sweet sub .1 second advantage

It’s around 5-10% in FoF. For instance, if you’re LH and dual-wield the same exact weapons /w base accuracy of 80 your LH will have 83% and your right 77%. It’s very subtle. I just took some screenshots of the dual-wield accuracy of one weapon called the Peacekeeper

RH

LH

AMB

Oh yeah. Thats just extra FoF-specific stuff that has to do with fanning your pistol. Obviously almost every gun in Unturned won’t be fan-able.

Well, someone earlier suggested that you simply pick a “good hand”. So if you like your view-model on the right, you could set that as your good hand, then the opposing one is your less skilled one. And vice versa. It doesn’t have to be static options exactly like in FoF. I just thought it was neat.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.