Logic Gates and Circuits

Unturned is a game about freedom and playing the game how to want to play it. Wether that is with mods, plugins, PvE, Vanilla, or singleplayer. However there is a level of customization that we don’t have in Unturned.

https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tutorials/Redstone_computers

These are two examples of different crazy creations made within a game. However this type of logic can also be used in more practical ways. Trip wires, pressure plates, buttons, switches, and lights are the only the smallest capabilities to system like this.

We should only need to the ability for an off/on wire also a nand gate: http://nandgame.com/

Ex: Only open garage door if person in the base presses a button, and a vehicle is on the pressure plate outside. The possibilities are limitless.

What do you guys think? Is it worth taking time to add? Or do you think it doesn’t add enough to the game to warrant its addition?

30 Likes

I think this would make an absolutely wonderful addition to the game and would give players a little bit more to do before they get bored of all of the games vanilla content like redstone in minecraft.

3 Likes

This is a marvelous idea!

1 Like

But how much fps/performance does it cost?

1 Like

My guess would be little to none, something like this is actually really light weight compared to other game play elements like collision and hit detection. Placing redstone in Minecraft doesn’t tank your FPS after-all.

5 Likes

It would be an amazing addition, another nice example is the new rust electric system here you can see how a guy make a cpu with this stuff.

GuyCpuSystemVideo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-RYzu0bLBk

RustDevblog(electricity and how it works in the game): https://rust.facepunch.com/blog/electric-anniversary

1 Like

I think Redstone is a decal on a block, but yes there would be no fps decrease

1 Like

Seeing as Nelson really likes Factorio, it is more than likely he would add an in-depth logistics system in the game

8 Likes

When Redstone torches were added to minecraft, it didn’t take long before someone made a calculator using only NOT gates, so if this on top of all the other logic gates would be revolutionary (potentially).
Have any of ya’ll played Survivalcraft? Because there are some incredible electrics in there, I’m thinking of the Real time clock, Memory Bank, 4 Bit counter, SR Latch, Random Gate, Adjustable Delay Gate and Sound Generator.

Honestly if these types of electronics were considered for the suggestion too… Well, I think it speaks for itself how much potential these could have.
If you’re interested I’d really recommend checking out the links I sent above, there could be some incredible creations made if modules even remotely similar to the ones linked above are considered and added to Unturned II. (If you check them out, obviously ignore the crafting and stuff, go down to the details of the item)

Specifically the 4 Bit Counter, SR Latch and Delay gate are ones I think would be the best to be looked at. The memory bank is an incredibly powerful tool as well.

Remember, it’s the redstone age that made more mature players come to minecraft, maybe Unturned could do the same with a larger appeal to older people.

1 Like

I don’t see any reason why these shouldn’t be included. The parts could easily be looted from any old electronics shop. To add onto this, adding computers like a few people have said in the past could make things even more customisable.

2 Likes

who doesnt love factorio ?

1 Like

Customizability is something the current Unturned 3 lacks, if such electronic components are added, you bet your ass people are going to be extremely creative. From small things to really large things.

2 Likes

AND, OR and SR/RS fliflops are the ones I’d like to see (along with wiring, different inouts and so on, but those could be eaisly modded in once the base functionality is established).
More gates/functions would be neat butt hat is all you need to build the rest (yes I know you could also build a FlipFlop, I am just lazy bite me).

1 Like

With a system like this there would be an endless amount of things that players could create, so there would basically always be something to do, wich would strengthen the end game and give end game players something to do after they have acquired and compleated every major task in the game.

4 Likes

Would indeed allow much customisation for out own bases and possibly for map makers

technically redstone causes a bit of lag (not sure entirely why) which is why some people use observer chains and powered rails instead of redstone dust in big machines on servers, but yeah, if implemented correctly, I wouldn’t see a feature like this causing too much lag.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.