Loot respawn Ideas

mkay. npc’s dropping stuff off at zombie infested areas, no.
How about you need to be out of the navigation thingo for the stuff to spawn, out of the area, so that you don’t see it appear put of nowhere

In that case every player would have to leave a certain location in order for loot to spawn. For some places like cities this would once again gimp loot spawns.

Yeah… but they’d be looting the loot that’s still there

Alright, I’ve read it.

I think instead of foods and loots spawned on the shelves. It should spawn on the floors or really anywhere that can be considered as messy. As if someone knocked them off.

Maybe a pile of stuffs just randomly appeared in a random part of the city, in the alley, on the street with alot of infected… etc. (like that someone died… not really realistic, but still better than UPP-001-J.)

Again, NPCs just randomly restocked shelves for you? That’s sounds really odd in my opinion. Maybe if it’s like mysterious stanger in fallout then I might bite that.

Altho I do agree that it shouldn’t just spawned out of nowhere. Waiting for a long period of time still didn’t solve the problem.

1 Like

The way loot respawns right now is pretty good, this is just over the top and pretty unnecessary in my opinion

1 Like

Lootable furniture was a possibility to supplement or possibly replace the current looting system being considered IIRC.
Another possible loot rework could be related to this

or this

Or some combination of the three.
Any of the preceding would be better than the Original Post IMO.

Just because the game is designed to run better, does not mean the maps will automatically be larger. There is no information from Nelson about map sizes in 4.x, so there is no certainty on the sizes of the “default” maps. Large maps take a lot of time and effort to make, and to make well. It could be totally possible that the first few maps (or all of them) end up at a similar size to 3.x’s maps.

Also, see this.

Whomever created that website must’ve been annoyed by their coworker for spelling definitely wrong.

Godspeed the stranger.

It was autocorrect on my phone. I fixed. it.

Thats a fair point, but you are still risking getting shot at by people or eaten by zombies. Loot respawn should be extended but not by a crazy point, because my only real concern with this is arriving to a town that is completely looted, and the player that looted it is already 30 minutes away

I like the idea of longer item respawn times,but every week or full moon sounds a little bit extreme.

Also,as pulpfreewater said,it depends on the size of the maps,so we will have to wait and see.

Its more of inspired by fallouts respawn system, you have to have been away from the play like a ingame week before loot and enemies respawn

I see many things wrong with this. If you’re playing in singleplayer, this would be fine by me, but on servers this would screw the loot for anyone but the first guy to get to the military bases.

Farming is already aused a lot, since food in cities is often degraded, while farmed food is always clean.

not really. a lot of people just have to make one trip into the town, and find loads of food for days ingame thats not degraded.

Go on singleplayer and set a 6 hour loot respawn on Yukon. Good luck.

I mean if you want to try doing that in an average pvp server bbe my guest, but I don’t think it is a reliable source of food, or it has never been. Even checking out a beach for drinks is more reliable than checking an entire city for food in general.

I could do it XD, also, Im pretty sure a week in unturned isnt 6 hours.

1 Like

Didn’t bother counting, based myself on pulpfreewater. Also it doesn’t seem you got my point.

ahh okai, didnt see that before. also, Im pretty sure my character could survive. remember yukon doesnt snow constantly anymore.

Pretty disappointed you STILL don’t get my point even though it’s literally screaming at your face. Oh well.