Lots of talk about OST and stuff

I’ve seen some posts around about the OST of 4.0. People talking about what ambient music should be added, or what not. But what kind of music would you like to hear in the game that isn’t particularly just ambient noises? Or better yet, what do you think would be a good song for a 4.0 release trailer? etc?

Just curious.

I’d point at a lot of game trailers for some inspiration. Borderlands 1 and Dying Light trailer were awesome, and the music synced up pretty great (Especially DL). What other trailers do you think are great / nelson should take notes of?

oof

just really into music.

4 Likes

Good example of creepy ambience:

Good trailer music:

5 Likes

IMO there just shouldnt be ambient music, but i would be fine with it, id just never play with it on. And i think it would be cool if someone remixed 3.0s to make it creepier somehow

5 Likes

I believe that Unturned relies somewhat heavily on surrounding noise and sounds as it’s a survival game after all: most of the time you’d be on your toes listening for footsteps on the floor above you or freezing and ducking after you’ve heard gunshots in the distance or even hearing players speaking in voice chat. Ambient music would kinda prevent you from taking advantage of your surrounding sounds and might actually mislead you into hearing false things, no matter how low the volume might be. But that’s just my opinion and I have no problem at all if the ambient music was implemented with an option to turn it off/on.

2 Likes

Play one of the Stalker games, preferably Call of Pripyat.
Install a couple mods like Call of Chernobyl, Misery, or Dead Air, and you will be swimming in cold sweat half of the time.

4 Likes

EFT’s trailer was GODLIKE,I’ve never seen a better trailer in my life.
In my view,4.0 should definitely follow EFT’s soundtrack steps.

2 Likes

When I think of survival games, I usually expect to be spending a lot of time on crafting, building, inventory management, farming, and such, but okay.

1 Like

I mean in general this topic is super subjective (which is why I think it should be an option) because some people like eerie soundtracks that make you shit bricks, and some like to listen as hard as they can for any clue to where the thing hunting you is, but only hearing your heart pounding. Also in downtime in unturned I usually just listen to actual music while doing chill things, and have a macro to pause it.

Also, I know nothing about copyright, would it be illegal for nelson to just nab some creepy osts off the internet? I feel like a original soundtrack would cost alot to hire someone and take along time to produce one that actually sounded good.

1 Like

The Germany theme is amazing.
If you could include the iconic part of the main theme at the end, that would be EXCELLENT music for a trailer.
On the other hand, TheShadyOrchestra’s two Unturned remixes are also good.

4 Likes

Speaking of, I do like how Unturned has consistently used a forefront piano in most of it’s trailers and music. I’d like to see such remain throughout the game into 4.x with main menu music, trailer, in-game music maybe, etc.

Also side note: I’d like to see some light piano music throughout normal gameplay that the player may not notice, but adds to the scene. Just how in minecraft players may not notice the faint music in the background, but it definitely makes the mood.

3 Likes

Metro exodus main theme.

1 Like

Yes I understand but I was citing things that might be affected by ambient music.

1 Like

I sorta think this would be a cool song to be in the game somewhere. Trailer, main menu music, what not. Idk. /shrug.

Lyrics

[Chorus]
Where do bad folks go when they die?
They don’t go to heaven where the angels fly
Go to a lake of fire and fry
See 'em again till the Fourth of July

[Verse]
I knew a lady who came from Duluth
Bitten by a dog with a rabid tooth
She went to her grave just a little too soon
Flew away howling on the yellow moon

[Chorus]

[Bridge]
People cry and people moan
Look for a dry place to call their home
Try to find some place to rest their bones
While the angels and the devils try to make 'em their own

[Chorus]

I just thought since Unturned II is supposed to be more realistic and heavy that this song would be a great fit

Bumpity bump a roo

This is the excellent kind of $%#! I want to see for a title screen in Unturned. Just like your player with the atmosphere and landscape behind him while this plays.

Nah i was thinking more like this
but if we something more real how about this

yea i understand there great songs and they necessarily don’t work but its food for thought

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.