Mad Minute in 4.19.1.0

Just a couple of tricks to shooting faster in the Firing Range Demo (version 4.19.1.0)

1. Fill your magazine, and then keep filling

As Nelson showed in Devlog 20, there’s no cap to how much ammunition you can put in a magazine. Additionally, there’s no fast way to exchange magazines, (because the [Reload] key is used exclusively for cycling the bolt.) So it should be pretty obvious that you’ll want to fill your magazine pretty well. The way that I find fastest to fill magazines is to rapidly the [interact] key at the block that spawns ammunition, walk away and then come back before opening the inventory and dropping ammunition from the “Nearby” section of the inventory into the magazine. (If you don’t walk away from the items, the “Nearby” section will be inefficienty stretched out, and this is especially problematic because there’s currently no way to scroll through the inventory.)

2. Hipfiring

In addition to the fact that you will probably be able to aim faster while hipfiring, (although some people argue against that point) you cannot cycle the bolt while Aiming Down Sights, so if you’re looking for maximum speed, you’ll want to avoid Aiming Down Sights and scope in/out animations.

3. Cycling the bolt

Between every shot, you must cycle the bolt by either pressing the [Reload] key or the [Primary Attack] key. I recommend using the [Primary Attack] key, because you’ll already need to be pressing it once to fire, so double tapping it shouldn’t be much more of a hassle. Once you’ve started cycling the action, you don’t need to wait through the animation; if you interrupt the cycling animation with another animation, the cartridge will still be chambered. I recommend briefly tapping the [Secondary Attack] key, because this will start the aiming down sights animation, and cancel it as soon as you let go.

Have fun, and be safe! (Well as safe as you can be before safeties are implemented)

3 Likes

How about left click after firing cycles the bolt and r reloads.
That way firing is left click left click.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.