Manual shifting for Cars + Shift boost

Hey there!

So i wanted to suggest the addition of having to manually shift your car with 2 keys on the keyboard and make shift give the car a little boost to allow for better power when wanting to climb hills or quickly rushing off in a vehicle. This of course is present in DayZ Standalone but me and my friend would really like it for Unturned II. It makes the driving of Cars in games seem really immersive. You don´t just hold W for ages. You need to watch the RPM and shift at the right time. I personally love the idea!

What do you guys think ?

7 Likes

I feel it just makes te game overcomplicated for no reason at all, Unturned shouldn’t feel like Need For Speed or some other racing game, driving should be simple and easy.

1 Like

why not just have an option, then?

4 Likes

Looking at what Nelson is doing with 4.0, lots things are becoming more complicated compared to 3.0. Don´t really see Manual shifting as overcomplicated. I can agree on that Unturned should stay a somewhat simple game but the driving is very boring at the moment in my opinion. 4.0 improves the driving with actual working physics and drifting but holding down W to excellerate until you reach full speed is present in both games. Atleast a shift boost would be cool. While driving right now, i feel extremely slow. When i take corners, the car slows down immensely and takes a lot to excellerate up again. A little boost to get you going again would be fun.

1 Like

manual shift could be something server operators can enable/disable similar to first/third person in 3.0

1 Like

Regardless manual shifting is something i find very annoying in video games.

It’s not complicated
It could be a setting if people don’t want it but it would help against hills or maybe you just wanna race your friends

It could be a server setting, but considering how interactive the vehicle interiors will be in UII, it’d still be cool to see as an option.

Why not make some vehicles automatics and some manual? You can have the best of both worlds without making it a binary server option. Manuals would require a higher skill ceiling but would be easier to use once you got to that point, while automatics were initially simpler to drive they would never be as effective.

deadass, nelson said he wants to let us take off body panels and number plates n shit, don’t see why this can’t be an option

not to mention, like real driving, it’s nice learning how a car sounds at high revs and shift just by the sound alone

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.