Minigun in unturned 4.0

There’s literally no good reason why anyone would ever want to actually use a handheld minigun.

First things first…it’s heavy. Because it’s heavy, you also won’t be shouldering it anytime soon, and because you’re not shouldering it, you also can’t aim down sights, and consequently you won’t be getting any accuracy with it.

Second, in this case its rate of fire actually works against it in this scenario. There’s a reason why most machine guns usually are around 500-800 rpm in terms of firerate, with even the fastest firing machine guns at only around 1000 or so, and that’s ammunition. When a minigun is used in a mounted role this is less of a problem because you can store more ammunition, but even so ammo is still consumed extremely quickly.

So, in summary, you have a extremely heavy gun that can run out of ammo really quickly that you also can’t be accurate with, with the only upside being that it’s…cool, I guess?

2 Likes

You do not need accuracy if you can saturate an area with fire.

I’ll give you that one, ammo wil be an issue. My money is with small calibre SS ammo, polymer cses or even caseless.

Area denial, annihilates groups in close to mid range.

2 Likes

Miniguns are mostly for support they don’t need to be accurate, all they need is to lay down fire to keep the enemy’s heads down.

yes hello this must be serious post right okay no miniguns are bad and unbalanced mkaaaayyy?

The orginal point was to get as much lead down range in as short of a timefram as possible to increase hit probability during brief engagment windows.

1 Like

Who recategorized this?

1 Like

You’re absolutely correct, but those advantages are better utilized in a mounted position.

1 Like

helicopter door gunner, top of humvee/apc hatch, on the back of a truck

1 Like

Point taken, they multiply to advantegs and help compensate the disadvantegs to some point.
I want my microgun tho.

1 Like

There should be “gatling guns” for helicopters and jets(let’s hope we have jets in II), miniguns for fire support and killing large amounts of zombies, and the microgun as a more tactical, close combat version of the minigun.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.