Modded BPs in the Crafting Menu (+ search filter)

Currently, crafting recipes added by mods are just added to the very bottom of the crafting menu. While this works fine enough, it doesn’t provide as much information as it could and some players still get confused by it.

My main proposal is conceptualized as above, and that space should be functionally available.

If there is space for it, then being able to filter out modded BPs would also be nice. A button toggle would be the simplest to just hide them, but I think improving the search functionality would be better for more stuff.

Example Set:

• Searching for #MOD only shows modded BPs.

• Searching for #MOD:MoreFarmin only shows modded BPs from More Farming Mod. The text after MOD: would just have to be the mod’s name (or WorkshopID), and could be shortened but just can’t contain certain characters (i.e., whitespace).

• Searching for #ENGINEER shows recipes that require one or more levels in the Engineer skill.

• Searching for #CRAFTING-II shows recipes that require two levels in Crafting.

• Searching for #HEAT shows recipes that require an active Campfire or Oven.

The name that appears after MOD: would, most optimally, be handled by just pulling it from the Steam Workshop. If that is not feasible, it could instead:

1. Try pulling from a specific text file mods can add with identifying information.

2. Attempt pulling from the name of the master folder (unless it’s “Bundles”, in which case it should default to something else)

3. Just pull the WorkshopID, which if it cannot pull from the Workshop page it can just pull from the folder name as they’re the same.

5 Likes

That’s cool and all, but can we get a search filter in Resources?

6 Likes

Yeah can we also remove Material Palettes from cardboard boxes?

4 Likes

It bothers me a lot ingame when it gives me crafting recipes for mods that aren’t installed on the server. Maybe something could be done about that too.

Yeah, I want this fixed

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.