More Police Cars Variants

Bigger Cities have their different police car variants maybe like an interceptor or suv,or maybe both:

Country side areas and small rural cities should have State Trooper or Sheriff Cars

Let me know what you think

5 Likes

Yes (10 characters)

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

Also im now a regular, and don’t hav the 10car

Honestly, if we divided them up into 3 variants and map makers can easily change the texture/logo for the cars we could do something like this:

• Police Cruiser: Similar to the one in U3, inspired by a Ford Crown Victoria or a more modern Ford Taurus, this would be the most common variant. The graphic on the side could be changed by map makers, along with the overall colour so that it can correspond to the region that the map is set in.
  • Police Interceptor: This car would be more suited to performance. Based on a Dodge Charger, it’d be a lot less common but have good performance, making it suitable for police chases.
  • Police SUV: Could be based on pretty much any SUV, such as a Chevrolet Suburban or a Ford Utility, this would have slower performance but more offroad capabilities.

This would add some diversity instead of going with the 3.0 idea of one police car. Map makers being able to change the texture/skin would also mix in some creativity.

3 Likes

Dude this idea with changing the text and the logo is awesome.
I would totally love to see the crown vic as a police car tho very iconic

Because the Ford Crown Vic isn’t really being made anymore, it’s been replaced by cars such as the Ford Taurus. I never said it was to be exclusively based on it, I was stating that the Ford Crown Vic is a bit outdated and having a newer car would make more sense in a 2019 game.

2 Likes

It would be good for some county sheriff car since its still being used in country side areas

And you have to remember that Unturned isn’t exclusively set in America. A Ford Taurus looks a lot like other cars such as the Holden Commodores used in Australia. Instead of going with a car that is pretty much only used in America, and is being phased out from what I can assume, it’d make it so other maps can easily use a car that isn’t from a distinct region.

1 Like

Even the Taurus is a bit rare. Most districts near me use the Explorer and state police use the Dodge Charger. I’m actually really tempted to go down to the local PD and ask if their old Crown Vics are for sale (they have like 2 that they never use).

1 Like

The way I think it should be done is that it shouldn’t appear to be based on any specific car, but a combination/generalisation. The Ford Taurus looks pretty modern and could be a good base for it, but not everything has to be strictly based upon it.

I’d actually agree with that. Similarly to 3.0 there could be a regular and police variant of certain cars. I occasionally freak out because I’m a lead foot driver and seeing a civilian Explorer or Crown Vic makes me do a double take more often than not.

Yeah, I might actually make a post soon about this including different sirens/systems police cars have.

(if you cant tell already yeah im a bit of an rp player)

2 Likes

images%20(3)
Now THAT’S a real police car, this thing climb walls. Wagons are good police cars, criminals usually go into the trunk, sometimes in the rear seats, nice cars. Would love to see something like that in some Brazillian map, official or some workshop one.

1 Like

maybe also a charger?

1 Like

same here, i’m a tad bit of an rp player as well

i-said-pull-over

2 Likes

dubai police bugatti

(pssst, my post is better and goes into more depth about that sort of stuff you should check it out Ideas For Police Related Items and Vehicles)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.