More space for bases | Base types

In Unturned, I’ve almost completely lost my enthusiasm in building bases. This could just be a personal problem, but i have a few things i would like to see change in 4.0 in terms of base building.

First of all, there is not enough space on the current maps to build a normal ground base if you hope for people to simply pass by it, or not see it in the first place. Perhaps in the future when new maps come out for 4.0, there will be more space to build hidden bases, and less of a fear of your base being found and raided in a matter of days after building it. This can be achieved by making many locations across the map (other than the corners and sides) good spots for building. Think about this. If you decided to go raiding on Russia, what parts of the map would you check? I would personally check the borders of the map because they are the most spacious, out of the way section. This would encourage players to build there more. In bigger maps, it would help to make many more sections of the map that are base-friendly like the borders (e.g forests, plains, etc.)

Also, There is currently little to no diversity in making bases. What I mean by this is that you will mainly be seeing floor bases, sky bases, and ground bases. It’s rare to see a base that isn’t a square or a rectangle, and we all know what colours to be looking out for when we are searching for a base, as well as the fact that even a 1x1 wood base stand out. What I am getting at is that some sort of building planner similar to rust might help, or building types/presets (e.g tents) that might be easy to raid but hard to spot will give us more choices. If an idea like that is a no-go, perhaps a more accessible alternative of ghillie netting would be nice.

Then again, everyone’s got different views. Is there anything that I should add? Is this a bad Idea overall? I appreciate opinions. :slightly_smiling_face:

Bigger maps, we already know it’s coming
Nothing new, everyone knows that 3.x maps are too small, even for 24 players. Many have suggested bigger so you’re indifferent.
As for the color, it seems a bit off. Not that I hate the idea, it’s just not fitting when i put it in my head. Ghillie nettings are what we use in 3.x and it’d be fine if it made its way to 4.x
We use trees to make bases, and most our surroundings are green-ish or beige, the wood we use is brown (mostly) so it easily sticks out. We can’t change the color of trees.

But if I wanted to fix raiding, is give the defenders a chance to fight back. Let explosives be the only raiding requirements. Machine guns would only do the damage that a grenade does in 3.x

For the map size part, I just hadn’t seen people talk about space in terms of base building and how it’s really only available on the borders of the map.

Base colour - Not necessarily the colour of the wood, it’s not like we can change that, but perhaps a high level of crafting and a bunch of sticks (I say sticks because leaves don’t drop when you cut a tree down) would make you some very low tier form of base camo? Because, yes, we can’t change the colour of the trees, but we could potentially use leaves & sticks.

I agree on the raiding with explosives part. Explosives should be hard to craft thus making base raiding hard to do. I wouldn’t like to see guns such as the nykorev & dragonfang doing damage to buildings in 4.x

How does the tent (or other building types) idea sound?

1 Like

Well you definitely haven’t looked much cuz a lot of people want bigger maps. Not necessarily in regards to bases, but survival in general.

As for the Nyko/Dragon, they should do minimalistic damage to bases. Mostly used to take down vehicles or mounted on a Tank.

In regards to tents, they don’t really serve a purpose besides spawn location. So i dont think it’ll help

I was talking about space of the map for bases :3 . I know what you mean, but i wanted to bring out a new, possible popular/important, point as to why maps should be bigger. (adding to other points that people have made)

Also, if you’ve really seen someone make a post about more space for bases, my bad.

Also, i just hope that i won’t see bases being raided by guns in general unless people are using a lot more bullets than they have to use right now.

I know that Narcoleptic once made a post regarding building teirs Base Building | Building Tiers and many hope this is how it becomes in 4.x

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.