MP suggestion

i want to suggest a thing i think we need for unturned, i think we need LAN or similar so we can host strait from a PC so, in this case, my bro and i can play together without having to pay for a server

1 Like

To clarify – anybody can host a server for free. A good starting point for information regarding server hosting or game modding is to refer to our official documentation.

2 Likes

oh ok, i never found anything about it so thx for this info :slight_smile:

1 Like

i want him back sob sob sob

3 Likes

Ye, simpler times. P2P/listen servers when?

2 Likes

Never really understood how Terarria did it, but with their system of multiplayer, they manage to allocate steam servers for playing with friends, w/o the need for purchasing game server hosting or setting up a home “server” with their equipment.

Now this is all speculation from my 20 days of staring at the game files, but (dev pls confirm/deny xdd)

Perhaps if U3 unified how servers and clients save their userdata, maybe even doing savefile / new game selection, we could probably have the P2P era (give back now pls :pensive:) but now steam does all the networking and heavy work, (probably reducing that horrendous lag i got with playing p2p back then) while maintaining that click, select, load and invite, kind of like Terarria’s steam play, but on Unturned.

3 Likes

Do that Nelson

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.