On November 9, 2020, MrSpaml interviewed developer Nelson Sexton about the console ports for Unturned.
quick tldr if you don’t want to watch the whole thing
- Built-in server hosting (You supposedly pull a server from the official servers with one click)
Official vanilla servers, can also host servers
- No cross-platform
- Different vehicle physics
- All the content is the same (All NPCs, so on. No new content.)
Nelson might want to have the community voice NPCs in U2
- Nelson is not the main developer for the ports, 505 is mostly in charge
Nelson is not sure about how many people are working on it, but says many people have touched on it
Supposedly has been worked on for a couple of years
- Target FPS is 30, though it can go up to 60
- They beveled a lot of the models. Major ambient occlusion work, for vertex coloring
People I’m around reportedly say I can do any voice. So I’d be up to such a task of voicing an NPC or two.
Do my voice
Not sure if he can go that high
Damn… Didn’t see that comin’.
That’s hot unzips, unbuckles, and unbuttons socks.