My Combat Suggestions

In technicality, it all depends on personal preference and mostly the scenario. Sometimes SMGs can actually outclass the meta if you have the right circumstances and you use it correctly.

Admittedly though, Maplestrike and the PDW are kind of the only “truly useable” weapons due to the fact that both are essentially more powerful versions of any other gun below it.

2 Likes

That, and the moment you get a 100-round drum you can effectively game end anyone by just sheer volume of fire.

3 Likes

Devils Bane?

This is not a competetive game, it’s a “survival” and a graphic novel, there has to be no balance in weapons.

I think that this is too much for such a GAME (it’s not a god damn real life) as Unturned II which is being developed only by 1 person.

You want to be it’s like Escape From Tarkov in which every aspect of a game was made to make it feel more realistic. No one needs a second Dayz or a second EFT this is just wont be interesting to play, because of the low poly graphic style at first, Nelson needs to move into another way.

So it can’t improve on gunplay? Since the game isn’t going for an E-sports setting it can’t have balanced guns lol. We want to see more variety in game play, using different weapons in different scenarios.

We all need to take into account this is being developed by one person. But your suggesting armor piercing rounds is to much for Unturned?

This is why Nelson is making Unturned 2 and leaving 3.0 to be its own game. This game is going in a different direction aimed towards a survival crowd.

The problem I have with posts like this(not cabaga’s post) is its not constructional criticism or a concern for game balance. Its the idea U2 needs to stay simple for simple sake. I said it once before these are all a big requests for 3.0, but not U2. 3.0’s setting is faster paced in looting, survival, and movement. Nelson already has a concern for not making the character’s overly clunky. But we don’t want to see players changing direction mid air while sprinting backwards in U2. We can already see the character’s movement in the beta compared to 3.0 is much more grounded.

No one is gonna see U2 and say “man look at this DayZ rip off, its got similar movement controls”. Survival games should have a more grounded movement setting to compliment its game atmosphere. It seems odd to go from planting seeds and fishing to jumping around and spaying machine guns like fortnite. We will leave that to 3.0.

3 Likes

Devil’s Bane is a monster in close quarters, but is still just about useless at anything beyond spitting distance. It’s the other shotguns, for exame when was the last time you saw someone unironically use a Masterkey?

Yes it does, weapons need to be balanced, you were just complaining about the lack of weapon balance in Unturned yesterday.

What I’m more concerned about is another upoming game called Dead Matter. It’s pretty similar, with a Calgary-based team iirc, and I’m worried that people would say Unturned II is just a copy of Dead Matter.

3 Likes

I actually just commented on Dead Matter on my last Mega-Post I just made. I definitely don’t think people will say anything about U2 being a clone to dead matter. Dead matter to me looks okay but doesn’t have anything else to it. An empty huge map with lame AI. Players will be doing the same thing they do in DayZ, walking from empty town to empty town looting beans and sitting in there base waiting for PVP. There looks to be no farming, fishing, or anything survivalily. U2 in closed beta already has bandit AI lol. I think U2 will offer a way better survival experience than Dead Matter even tho Dead Matter looks more realistic compared to U2.

I have already played DayZ and its clones. Yes U2 will be a survival game like them but like in my post I think there are things that will set U2 apart.

I commented at the bottom because like you just found out about Dead Matter after I already made the post. But this game fits the perfect description of DayZ clone or DayZ 2.0. I think its the problem we see with a lot of survival games just remaking themselves. I think with the points I put into that post U2 will be able to push the genre forward, unlike our friend Dead Matter.

If Dead Matter had excursions, changing of seasons, and bandit AI maybe it would be worth playing but we have already seen that gameplay.

2 Likes

In my opinion, .22 LR Ammunition should be the most common ammo in the game. In a post apocalyptic world, hardly anyone would be wearing body armor and you can lug around a shit ton of .22 ammunition.

1 Like

Hey, remember this bullshit?
I could give half the people on /k/ an aneurysm by posting this pic.

3 Likes

Nooo, you can’t just penetrate armor with .22 Long Rifle! It’s supposed to be a pistol bullet!

Haha AM 180 go brrrrrrt

1 Like

It looks like someone tried combining the DP-28 and a Thompson

1 Like

That’s exactly what it looks like!

After looking through the devlogs and seeing the leaping mechanics in devlog #2 i thought it would be interesting if there was a way to be holding a gun and quickly slide forwards while on your back towards an enemy (length and speed of slide would depend on the players speed before initiating the slide). I could see this working in order to get within range for those who use shotguns and other more close range weapons. I could of course see this being really fun and satisfying. :simple_smile_zombie_:

1 Like

Quake 3 crouch sliding would be satisfying as hell, I agree. Not exactly sure it would fit into UII’s combat style but being an avid fan of boomer games I’d love to see that possibly added.

On a side note, though…
Try not to make a post on a topic that hasn’t been active for 14 days or more, unless needed.

Crouch sprinting would also be cool.

Bit of an odd suggestion, be able to place guns on a vehicle for combat? kinda going into death race/mad max territory here. :stuck_out_tongue_zombie_:

My brain when i see you can have side scopes and stack attachments:

picatinny rail abuse part 1/1,337