My take on sportshot in II style

Looks like I’m fitting in just fine then :sweat_smile: Smoothing sure does wonders.

3 Likes

I really like that last version for some reason. I’d like to have a slightly modified version one day if one of my UII plans ends up happening. Planning to start writing down more of my ideas sometime during the rest of this month.

1 Like

The desert camo looks like the set for the m14 in eft.

1 Like

If you got any ideas I could try making them, I had a blast creating this.

I guess you mean Archangel stock for M1 (slight correction)

I was just going for the look of tan colored Tapco stock for 10/22

one closer to it in EFT would be tapco stock for SKS (although gray in the game). All that being said Archangel also makes stocks for 10/22 :+1:

3 Likes

I hope curving mags for Sportshots will be a thing in II.

I also hope sportshots will be a bit better overall

I’ve got no exact idea of what I’d want but imagine that a group of sewer-dwellers were turning common weaponry into stuff that would fit in with the ranger weapons of 3.0 except with some makeshift components possibly involved. Something incorporating a dark green color, full-auto capabilities and a more powerful round. Won’t have too much of an idea for what I want until more UII weapons come out so if any of my random ideas interest you, work on them if you have nothing to do and need a project to spend a little time on.

Moved to #modding:modding-discussion and added Unturned II and showcase tags.

upgraded minecraft weapon?

Hey Renaxon,

Have you considered recording the process for making these? While there are a bunch of tutorials around the internet for Blender in general. I would be interested to see the way you specifically approach creating this clean but low poly style.

4 Likes

Hmmm I might do something like that in future.

2 Likes

Is one of your strats to do the base of the mag first, define the shape, extrude, and modify those verts? Or is it mostly knife tool while using a sketch of the object to define the faces?

None of those really. I began with the rear of the stock and then shaped the whole thing up somewhat basing the shape on one of stocks I made for 3.0 guns but modifying it to be more realistically sized (especially around the grip area) I then went along with receiver and barrel. I look at reference images a lot but never use them directly to affect my shape as realistic proportions don’t work at all with Unturned (which is something I learned the hard way).

1 Like

looks dope maybe u shold use the bevel modifier to get beeter resaults then the subdvivder :slightly_smiling_face:

The farther the better. I wonder what other weapons you can translate into these models.

Speaking of firearms in Unturned II. Nelson should add more military surplus rifles such as the Mosin Nagant, Mauser 98, M1 Garand, SKS, and a few other common military surplus rifles. These guns are relatively cheap and are more likely to be owned by civilians.

A Yugo SKS for example costs around $350, and just a few years ago in 2013 you could get a good condition Mosin Nagant for as cheap as $100. The reason is of course, ease of accessibility for civilians even in countries like Canada.

Now, Nelson shouldn’t add all military surplus rifles in my opinion, I’d recommend adding those with over 3.5 Million produced rifles. The cut-off of which is the Austro-Hungarian rifle the Mannlicher M1895. This is just a recommendation though for surplus rifles in Unturned II, however with renamed rifles of course.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.